Rapidweaver 8 needs a Manual

Hi all,
I JUST BOUGHT Rapidweaver 8. The FIRST THING I did was click Help > Rapidweaver Manual.
No go. After 30 minutes of poking around I find that there is NO manual. Instead we have to make do with the manual for Version 7.
Hmmm…
Is this normal?
Peter H.

1 Like

Fair question Realmac. Fine software and I’m enjoying my journey of discovery through the features and third-party plugins and stacks, but a manual seems basic 101 stuff. Any response.

MikeSA

1 Like

It’s been discussed on here a few times. My understanding is that RealMac either doesn’t have the resources or the interest to produce a written manual.

https://help.realmacsoftware.com/en/

Suggestion:
The videos are actually good.
BUT finding specific SPECIFIC bits of information in the videos is very hard, unlike in a well written manual.
So how about making an index of what’s in the videos?
This way we can search the index (e.g. use command-f) and if it’s in the index, jump to the appropriate video.

Another idea: how about one of the customers write “RapidWeaver - the Missing Manual” and sell it?

2 Likes

I wish that Joe Workman would do documentation, too. Getting through the videos for the more complex stacks is a pain.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.