😎 RapidWeaver 8 Private Beta 3 (Build 19573b)

Hey Guys,

We thought it was about time we shipped another beta, so here it is!

What’s New:

Important: We’re midway through updating the Pages source list, it looks a little shonky right now, but don’t panic, it’s going to look great in the next beta — This is part of the work to properly support Dark Mode in Mojave.

• Added a new Preference pane for Unsplash
  • Simulate Window is now light (again, this is part of our work towards supporting Dark Mode)
  • Yet more work on the Media Browser, contextual menu now has options!
  • Changing the name on an Unsplash image now makes it local
  • Contextual menu now works in the Add-ons manager
  • Fixed an issue with Document migration from 7 to 8
  • Fixed an issue with window resizing when adding Favicons
  • Fixed an issue with plugins not being installed correctly
  • Added some descriptive text below the web port field
  • A bunch of other fixes and whatnot…

Download RapidWeaver 8 Private Beta 3 (Build 19573b)

We have a little more polishing to do, but RW8 is really shaping up now. With that in mind, I plan to start a private beta group for some of our loyal users, sometime in the next few weeks. I’ll be posting details about that here on the forum. So look out for it, because once we let the users in, that’s when things will really hot up and get real!!

If you find a bug or issue please let us know so we can fix it for the next beta. Just post it here or ping me an email - dan@realmacsoftware.com :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dan

What does this mean exactly? Are you then automatically create an image copy, which will be stored in the project sandwich?

sparkle update not working… just an FYI

I am sure that you are aware of the blatantly obvious UI issues in 10.14. Mostly the huge toolbar icons.

Haha yeah, we are. Not sure if that’s a Mojave bug or us yet. We’ll get it fixed at some point, but we’re focusing on Shipping 8 to the public first, then we’ll go hard on Mojave!

If you edit or change the name of an image in a styled text view, then we’ll store it locally.
See this: https://www.dancounsell.com/shared/screencast_2018-06-07_16-18-57.mp4

btw. you can also drag Unsplash images right out into the finder, this is also handy :wink:

Cheers
D

1 Like

Cool. Thought I should mention it in case it was actually just me.

I should add that when I tried on my laptop after my previous post, sparkle worked. However, it was stuck in a loop. It would update, then prompt again for an update. So either an older version is getting served up with the sparkle request. Or sparkle is broken in 10.14. I don’t know which.

View->Web Server Logs is gone. This was really super useful for me.

Hey @joeworkman,

That should still be there, it’s only visible if you have “Enable Web Developer Tools” checked in the General prefs though.

Cheers
T

Turning that setting off and back on again made it show up. Thanks!