Rapidweaver 8 release date

Is there any date for Rapidweaver 8 yet or is it still too far in the future?

2 Likes

Ive heard rumor of an April 1 release:)

2 Likes

All joking aside,
Haven’t heard anything, not what new features, dates, beta dates.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for RW9. That’s definitely coming in 2019

Wait for RW8 is going long and long. Please keep us updated on when is the expected release date. thanks.

1 Like

RW team. please reply. thanks

Speaking personally, I’m fine with 7.5 for now. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m with @robbeattie.

7.5 is currently nice and stable and filling my needs perfectly.
8 will need to be something special to go through the stress of an upgrade :confounded:

1 Like

I’m holding out for 7.6

1 Like

I just need to know as I am currently running Rapidweaver 6 and I don’t want to update to 7 then find they bring out 8 a month later. So please Rapidweaver give us a clue or at least give us a free upgrade if you bring it out shortly after we purchase 7.

This might give you some hope about 8, no date though

1 Like

Hey Fellow Weavers,

I know I’ve been fairly quiet of late, but that’s because the whole team has been working hard on RapidWeaver 8 for the last 6+ months.

RapidWeaver 8 is due for release later this year, and I’m please to say it’s shaping up to be the best version of RapidWeaver yet. Our main focus with this release is to add features and fixes requested by users and developers. We can’t add everything, but we’re doing our best to make it kick-ass.

I don’t want to announce any features or a release date yet as these things can change and I wouldn’t want to disappoint anyone.

Interestingly, I looked back at the release date for RapidWeaver 7, and it’s been over 2 years since it’s initial 7.0 release. Obviously during that time we’ve constantly released updates and we’d be looking to do the same with RapidWeaver 8 — Our goal (or purpose if you like) is to build the best web design software for Mac.

tldr; RapidWeaver 8 will be released later this year, and it’s going to be awesome!

Do let me know if you have any more questions about 8 and I’ll do my best to answer them :slight_smile:

Happy Weaving!
Dan

11 Likes

@dan McFormat already rate RW as the best in their recommendations of ‘must haves’ for MAC users.

Great!! 7.5 is working fantastic and I still have not squeezed the last bit out of it. I’eager to know the features of 8!!
One feature for professional could be the implementation of subdomains. I explain:

• Sites become bigger and bigger in time
  • sometimes it is a good idea to move some parts of the site into subdomains
  • it would be great to be able to split the project in subdomains inside the same rapidweaver project without having several ‘subdomains’ projects…

How to signup for Beta Release. Thanks

Keep watching the forums, they will announce a public beta. As of now, nothing has been announced about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.