Rapidweaver creating an extra folder every time a file is being saved

(Jeu Elissen) #1

Hi,

Since the last two versions RW is creating an extra folder every time a file is being saved. For example this folder name is “filename.rw6.sb-451708d2-40cKGV”. The folder name always includes “sb” , has several subfolders and after a while these folders can take up a lot of space on the harddisk. Is this normal behaviour of RW?

(Garth Poon) #2

I’ve noticed this too!

(Devin Millington) #3

I am having the same issue and it’s quite bothersome. I don’t like having to drag these folders to the garbage every time I save my project(s).

Can someone from RW please tell us how to make it STOP?

(Jeu Elissen) #4

I hope that someone from RealMac comes up with a solution or, at least an explanation of why these folders are being created and if it is safe to remove them.

(Nik Fletcher) #5

These are temporary folders that the system should clear up. Are you experiencing it with a project that has just a styled text page in? We’ve seen this reported before, but never able to recreate (which may point to a third-party plugin causing issues).

—Nik

(Mark Medford) #6

That happened to me a couple versions back. Going crazy deleting 100’s of folders! It corrected itself as suddenly as it started, no idea what was causing it. Good luck!

(Jeu Elissen) #7

The website that I’m experiencing this problem with is very comprehensive, 35 MB in size and consists of very few styled text but also contains a lot of Pluskit photo galleries, some videofilms and five offsite pages. This afternoon I changed some text to check if this would create a folder as I described in my first post and it indeed created a folder “wportal-def.rw6.sb-451708d2-TC1FeA”.

Exception while exporting site 2
(Devin Millington) #8

I’ve been dumping them in the trash and it hasn’t removed/changed my final saved version at all. I just don’t like the clutter it’s creating every time I save a project.

(Roger Broechler) #9

Hi there, the thread is a little bit older, but I think, the problem isn’t solved. ?? The same phenomen started at my docs at the 28.10.2015 after I imported or worked with stacks with some elements. When I started with some RW-Base-elements (Text/Album etc) nothing happens. Only when I save a special stacksdoc or I imported this element (cut&Paste - or dragging). After I openend the reduced documents onto the same elements I saved them and opened the rw6-sandwichfile with textedit. And what a surprise! The file with the save-problem has a much bigger content.plist file in the first level.
Here are the both files, reduced on one page > http://www.bdax.de/bdaxbilder/RW.zip
Part of > http://www.kunsthandel-georg-boehringer.de/
What are your experience with your documents?
Roger > RW 6.3.5 / Stacks 3.0.2 / IMac 10.11.1

(Jeu Elissen) #10

Hi Roger,

This problem I experienced with the temporary folders which were created but not removed after closing RW suddenly disappeared. I already had forgotten about it. I cant open the files which you sent me because I do not own that theme. So I can’t look into it anymore. I’m sorry I can’t help you.

(Fernando Biancardi P.) #11

Hi Guys!
I´ve been experiencing something similar for this past few days; I get tons of folders, RW sometimes show me “Error on last Exit” but I can´t send this because of another error saying “time out”, nor can RW save my files sometimes. This is very new for me, as I´ve been using

RW since started many years ago.