RapidWeaver Data GONE

I opened my RapidWeaver 7 project today and all the page data was blank. I have been working on the site every day but only have a backup from a couple weeks ago. Please tell me there is a way to get my data back. The fact that this happened is unacceptable.

Have you tried File > Revert To >? This will show you versions of your file. Go back in time until you see a version that was correct, click it, and choose Restore. Best of luck!

Is that supposed to be an option in RapidWeaver? I don’t see it. I have gotten most of my data back thanks to a Google archive that was more recent than my backup… I think I might start just keeping my rapid weaver data on iCloud

It’s not an option, it’s built into Rapidweaver, and most modern OS X apps. But it does depend on you having a more recent version of OS X - I think it was 10.8 that introduced ‘Versions’ as they were called. What version of RW are you using? Glad to hear you got your data back. Backups backups backups.

1 Like

I’m using RapidWeaver 7.1.4 on Mac OS El Capitan

It just happened again. I published the site and a bunch of pages were blank. Went into the pages in RapidWeaver and they were blank. I hadn’t restarted the computer or even closed RapidWeaver. This is most definitely a bug with RapidWeaver, and now I will need to re-do the site once again. If this is the kind of results I can expect from this product, I do not think I will be purchasing again in the future.

What is your workflow? Something is clearly wrong, but rest assured many of us have been using RW for almost a decade with great results. The software works, and what you’re describing sounds bizarre. What version of RW are you using, what OSX, what RW Add-ons are you using?

I’m pretty sure the sites project file got corrupted somehow. I made a new project file and copied the page data over and have had no issues yet. With the old file, it got to the point where I would open a different page in the site and the text would either be gone or be from another page. Latest rapid weaver and latest El Capitan update. No plugins installed only a couple themes.

I would recommend sending the corrupted document to Realmac Software. And if you’re using Stacks, I’d recommend sending a copy of it to YourHead Software.

It sounds like you’re already moved over and working on a fresh file – which sounds like the best thing – but perhaps with the corrupted data in hand the developers can use that info to improve the software for the future.

Isaiah