RapidWeaver Elements FAQs

This document will continue to evolve as we receive new questions or as development changes and we approach the launch.

Please remember the information here is subject to change and is no guarantee of the features RapidWeaver Elements will launch with.

Q: When will the public beta version be available?

The beta version of RapidWeaver Elements will be available later this year. We have a special date in mind but we’re not ready to share that just yet.

Q: When is the official launch date for RapidWeaver Elements?

Our goal is to launch RapidWeaver Elements in 2024. However, the exact public launch date will depend on the progress of development and the feedback we receive during the beta phase.

Q: What will be the pricing for RapidWeaver Elements?

As of now, the pricing for RapidWeaver Elements has not been finalised. However, we anticipate it being similar to the RapidWeaver Classic.

Q: What are the system requirements for RapidWeaver Elements?

To run RapidWeaver Elements, you will need macOS Ventura (13.x) or later. If you are using an older system, you can continue using RapidWeaver Classic, which requires macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or newer.

Q: Will my existing RapidWeaver themes be compatible?

RapidWeaver Elements will probably not support Classic legacy themes at this point. It’s been a tough decision to make, but ultimately we think Elements will be a much better product if we build it for the future.

Elements will support new style themes that are more modern, and work in a totally different way to Classic themes. We’ll be sharing more information on this as we move closer to launch.

Q: Are stacks compatible with RapidWeaver Elements?

No, stacks are not compatible and cannot be used in RapidWeaver Elements.

However, we have a created a tool that allows developers to port their stacks into the native Elements language, this will get them about 90% of the way to supporting Elements. We anticipate some developers will update and improve their stacks so they run as native Elements.

Q: I have created my own stacks, will I be able to convert them into Elements?

Yes, we’ll make the developer tools available for those that want to convert and build their own Elements.

Q: Can I import my RapidWeaver Classic projects into RapidWeaver Elements?

Not at this time, Element based websites are built completely differently so there’s no easy way to open those older Classic documents. We may look at building an importer at a later date, should the demand be there.

Q: Is it possible to use RapidWeaver Classic and RapidWeaver Elements side-by-side?

Yes, you can install and run both applications simultaneously on your Mac. We anticipate this scenario to be quite popular. It allows users to manage older projects in Classic while simultaneously migrating and developing newer projects in Elements.

Q: Will RapidWeaver Classic be phased out and replaced by RapidWeaver Elements?

No, both versions of RapidWeaver will coexist as they cater to slightly different customer needs.

RapidWeaver Classic continues to serve thousands of customers who maintain and build existing websites using a variety of legacy plugins and stacks. We will continually develop and update RapidWeaver Classic to support this “classic” workflow. RapidWeaver Classic requires macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or a newer version.

RapidWeaver Elements represents our vision for reimagining web design on the Mac. Our goal is to make it easier and more powerful than ever before. RapidWeaver Elements leverages the latest Apple technologies and requires macOS 13.0 (Ventura) or newer.

Q: Do you plan to bring Elements to iPad?

While the initial version of Elements will not run on iPad, the technology we’ve built does open up the possibilities of making this a reality (something that just wasn’t possible with Classic). It’s important to note that this is not currently in our near future plans, as our primary focus is on the Mac platform at this time.

Q: I’m interested in developing third-party Elements, do you have any documentation?

If you’d like to develop addons for RapidWeaver Elements, please get in-touch.

Q: I have more questions about Elements, where can I ask them?

If you have any unanswered questions, please post them below, and we’ll respond promptly.

Please remember any information or answers posted here are correct at the time of writing, but may change as the development of RapidWeaver Elements progresses.

1 Like