Re-building website with stacks

(john springate) #1

Im re-building my website with a responsive theme (Kiki) using stacks instead of blocks as Ive have been told that this will be better to make it more responsive. However I have a lot of photos I need to transfer over but I see in the dialogue box for images in stacks it says drop and image here. This could take for ever! Is there no way I can simple copy and paste?

(Rob Beattie) #2

Afraid not. The only alternative is to ‘warehouse’ your images - basically copy them to your web server - and then use a warehouse image stack to ‘point’ to each picture in turn. If their file names lend themselves to this then that might be a quicker way of doing it. If not, then it’ll probably take just as long I’m afraid.

Rob

(john springate) #3

Thanks Rob. Just as I thought-oh well it’ll keep me busy lol

(Rob Beattie) #4

Use it as an excuse to tdiy things up, reduce photos sizes, introduce better organisation…try and turn it into a positive thing. :sunglasses:

(e.g.,) #5

Tangential: Using a responsive theme makes it
“More responsive” –in what way?

(Aaron Abernethy) #6

Responsive means that the page will dynamically respond (i.e. Resize elements) depending on the size of browser window.

Ultimately this means you can present a pleasing but differently laid out version of your site on a mobile device as well as on tablets and desktop browsers.

(LJ) #7

I think the issue is that the ‘Blocks’ plug-in is not responsive whereas Stacks is. If you use Blocks in a responsive theme you’ll end up with chunks that don’t fit on mobile screens - not good