Make blocks design responsive

I have a site that I designed using Blocks plugin in RapidWeaver 6… When I test the site on different computers the site is not able to scale and parts of the site get cut off…

Has anyone had any luck figuring out a javascript or css that was able to make the block design responsive to the size of the users browser screen?

Thank you for any help.

Maybe @isaiah will jump in here, but if I remember correctly, blocks was designed for static sized sites before responsive design was the norm. May be best to rebuild with stacks.

4 Likes

Hate to disappoint you, but: forget it. Blocks is based heavily on absolute positioning, on converting text into images in order to make it display as entered and on JS. Yesterday’s hero.

Responsive Blocks is called Stacks.

:wink:

Blocks was designed as a rigid fixed layout system (similar to iWeb) – but that sort of layout has obvious disadvantages when things need to be responsive.

As soon as the iPhone was released this became pretty obvious to me… I started working on Stacks pretty much the day after I bought my original iPhone. Stacks launched about a year later.

We keep Blocks around because it’s still is useful for building certain types of pages and there are a few folks that need exactly that.

But if you’re building a whole site – which on today’s web really really should be responsive – then you should build it in Stacks or other responsive page-styles, with a nice responsive theme.

Isaiah

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.