Reason vs Reason Pro?

I like the built-in Reason theme, but am experiencing some formatting glitches. Mail to Nick Cates Design has gone unanswered. I’m wondering whether the paid theme (Reason Pro) might be more up to date, and perhaps works better. Does anyone have any experience? I don’t really feel like paying the money on the off-chance that it will make my problem go away.

So my specific question is, has anyone used Reason Pro, and can they say whether it is different in any substantive way from the built-in Reason theme?

(Not to get too deeply into things, but the issue is in the interaction between the theme and Nick Cates’ SuperFlex 3 stack.)

Thanks!

What’s going on with SF3?

I subscribe to theme cloud and I use his themes on various sites… Nick is normally very fast at getting back to people. Probably Reason Pro has been updated significantly. One of the differences on comparing the the to is loading of Bootstrap in the header in the pro version so there is a difference. See the the header code differences between the two below. So yes there is a difference

`

**<!-- Reason -->**

<meta id="res" name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1 maximum-scale=1"/>
	<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
	<title>Untitled Page | My Website</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="%pathto(styles.css)%" />

<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="ie.js"></script><![endif]-->
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="%pathto(colour_tags.css)%" />
			<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='all' href='files/stacks.css' />
	<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='all' href='files/stacks_page_page0.css' />

</head>
	**<!-- Reason Pro 1.1.9 -->**

<meta id="res" name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1 maximum-scale=1"/>
	<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
	<title>Untitled Page | My Website</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="%pathto(styles.css)%" />
	<link href="https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">

<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="ie.js"></script><![endif]-->
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="%pathto(colour_tags.css)%" />
			<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='all' href='files/stacks.css' />
	<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='all' href='files/stacks_page_page0.css' />

</head>

`

Also test Reason and reason on a duplicate of a Project I have with Superflex 3 by changing the themes back and forth I dont see an issue with my project . Can you tell us what the issue is your having with Superflex .

Thanks very much, guys. I am using a slider that overwrites the banner. Two issues:

• The layout is a bit off, where edge of the banner doesn’t line up with the frame around the main page
  • When the slider resets to the first page, the original banner image flashes up briefly

I’d be delighted if these turned out to be simple bugs with the theme which could be solved by purchasing the pro version.

I could test a project for you and tell you quickly you can pm me a link to a dropbox .

1 Like