Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate!
I stopped using Dropbox because it was causing weird errors. I moved to iCloud and started saving all my projects to iCloud. I’m concerned that iCloud is now funky. I recently started working with pCloud, do you have any notes about that?
I work from both an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Somehow, they are not in sync and the same rapidweaver stacks do not seem to apply to both. It’s weird. I’ve copied and recopied my stacks files into many different parts of my iCloud drive, because I can’t figure out the 1 (one) folder that both computers can access for stacks and plugins and themes. It’s mystifying. So there is a conflict there. Somehow, my bad.
I worked extensively on my husband’s website www.sabinhoward.com in February and uploaded it. I think I worked on it in mid February. I can not remember which computer I used. (To be fair, I’m working 100 hrs a week these days.)
Today I tried to look for the project file to update it again and lo and behold, I could not figure out where it is.
I found the file I thought was correct and I got the plist error. I right-clicked and showed contents and there was another file inside it but that file was the wrong file.
Also, foundation theme files on one computer often get an error that the theme is not available and the default Anthem file is being applied. If I can get the project file to open, I have to reapply the foundation theme. I don’t know what that is about or how to get Foundation to be my master theme, because that’s the theme I use now. (Foundation 6 is not great, IMO. But the original foundation with BWD stacks and others is truly great. So flexible and easy to use.)
See the screenshot for the weird theme error.
Back to my immediate issue. Isn’t there a way to edit the plist directly using text edit? Because if I could download the page folder from my server using Filezilla, and then re-add that folder to my project package contents, it would save me a lot of time in recreating the final published version.
But when I downloaded the file and tried to copy it into the package contents of the .rw8 I’m working on, I would get the missing plist error.
I even tried to copy the plist into the .rw8 file but that made all hell break loose, as in, no pages would show up at all, only a blank project, even though the project is 100s of mb.
I’m afraid I don’t really know how to use slack though I will try to do so and to send you what may help. My email is tracilslatton723 [at] mac.com if you feel some pity for my plight.
In summary, I don’t know where my final project file is. I have the next to last one and I have to re-do the changes and save it correctly. But it would be ever so much faster if I could download the folders from my server and re-attach them to the rapidweaver project.