RW 8 Not Recognizing Stacks 4 upgrade - SOLVED!

I have re-downloaded SiteMap

Same result

Are you still getting the error you posted in your second post?

Yes, nothing has changed. I also just restarted my iMac.

Same exact result.

Just took this grab.

Found a thread in these forums -

about where stacks are stored on the computer. Followed this path:

Library / Containers / com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver / Data / Library / Application Support / RapidWeaver folder

and found this:

(I did an Info check on both SiteMap and Stacks and both were the latest upgrades for those stacks.)

Now following the path in the above noted thread, clicking on the Stacks folder (where stacks are apparently supposed to be stored) I get the following:

From this it appears that the actual stacks are not stored in the Stacks folder at all, so this may be my problem. If you look closely, there is no Stacks icon in this folder at all. ??

I have no idea how to resolve this.

looks like you are searching in the RW 7 folders!!!
Rw8 uses this path

1 Like

I can’t tell you the default location for the addons folder, you can move it to where you want so I keep mine right out in the open, a subfolder of documents called it RapidweaverAddons.

Anyway it’s best to open up the addons manager in Rapidweaver (button in the toolbar, menu item, tab in preferences) and there is a button to “Reveal in Finder”.

That’s why I posted earlier about using the option key, I thought you weren’t able to open Rapidweaver.

The screenshots that you posted of the addons library isn’t the one that RW8 is using so it’s misleading you.

In the addons folder there is a stacks.rapidweaverplugin, that’s the plugin that makes stacks work, and on the second screenshot is the stacks folder in addons that contains the additional 3rd party stacks you added, for example, the image-Safe.stack is a stack called image safe.

The screenshot doesn’t matter much as its not the one that RW8 is using. Just explaining what it’s showing.

ok, here is a grab from RW8 Preferences / Plugins

RW8 Preferences / Themes

and > RW8 Preferences / Stacks

From this it’s obvious that Stacks is NOT installed, but how can that be?? I’ve downloaded / installed it twice since yesterday.

And , BTW, the Addons button the RW menu bar is grayed out, if that means anything.

Thanks!

one more thing, when in my Downloads folder and I try to re-install Stacks as follows:
(1) double-click on the Stacks.rapidweaverplugin icon I get this:

If I drag this icon over RW8 in the dock I get this:

Unless I’m wrong, RW8 thinks Stacks is SiteMap, or does this mean something else altogether??/

You have not updated Sitemap addon
try dragging stacks addon on top of RW8…not double clicking.

1 Like

I noted that I did just that in my last post. I will re-download SiteMap once again.

Thanks!

To All - YAHOOOOOOOOOO!

I now have Stacks 4 installed and RW8 is back in service. Here is visual proof:

This miracle came about because I came across this RW forum thread:

and I followed Isaiah’s instructions, which were as follows:

my recommendation:

1. open the RapidWeaver addons folder ( View menu > Reveal Addons Folder ),
  2. remove all copies of the Stacks.rapidweaverplugin,
  3. Quit RapidWeaver,
  4. download a fresh copy of Stacks from http://yourhead.com/stacks
  5. unzip and double click to install

I cannot thank everyone who has pitched in to help me resolve this issue sufficiently. I wish I could buy everyone a pizza, but BYOB. Sorry! :smile:

However, there needs to be some discussion as to WHY this happens, since I was not the first to have this issue.

Now, I can begin learning how to use Foundry. Life is now indeed good.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s help,
Phillip

1 Like

Did you try what I said and click the Reveal in Finder button from the addons preferences?

That will give you the folder that RW8 is pointing to for addons.

I’d probably delete the sitemap sitemap.rapidweaverplgin from there. You can reinstall it later. I would probably delete any of those .rapidweaverplugin files that you aren’t using.

Instead of double-clicking to install addons right-click and select open with option. Choose RapidWeaver 8[not 7).

Got it! Thanks for your advice.

I have indeed trashed the sitemap.rapidweavereplugin. I will re-download it later.

Time to get to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.