RW Version 7.1 not loading stacks 3.1

Hi @simon, I’m with @Ruyton. I have no problem with beta software and fully understand the risks involved. However I wouldn’t expect such a fundamental issue. No problem backing up projects … but 7.1 wouldn’t even open a project … I can not see it either, so if it hasn’t been pulled where is it? :slight_smile:
Having said that, it is very usefull to know about the RapidWeaver Release Notes Page. Thanks

One of the issues with using beta software is that things might break at any time - that’s just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

A Stacks 3 beta compatible with RapidWeaver 7.1 beta was posted on this forum 12 days ago (the link was posted above).

Well, that would have been interesting to know - maybe in the ‘update’ message? I’ve had RW running non-stop for the last 2 days and have had no reason to visit the forum here, so was happy to accept the v7.1 upgrade when it popped up. Unfortunately, when you get the non-compatible stacks message and the ‘upgrade stacks’ button, nothing happens when you click it.

OK, got the stacks beta and still have v7.1 installed, so I’ll give it a go.

Right, pulse rate back to normal - RW v7.1 (beta) up and running with the stacks 3 beta :smile:

RW Siteloc preview working too, that alone is worth it for me to run the beta.

Nice work chaps and thanks Simon and Ashley for the heads-up regarding the stacks beta.

I tried the 7.1 beta but it showed no improvement with my current issues so I went back to 7.0.4.

Hey everyone,

Sorry, 7.1 should’t have been made “live” for public beta testers - it’s currently being tested by third party developers.

Please re-download 7.0.4: https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/17842/1467963930/RapidWeaver-17842.zip

7.1 should ship in a few weeks time.

Sorry about that!

As it happens, I have been involved with the development and implementation of software since the early 1970s … as I say I am well aware of the issues with beta software. However I would have been a bit cross if one of my product teams had released a version of software for more public test that fell at the first hurdle! And, in fact, I don’t even have an issue with that, it just would have been nice if the update notification had indicated clearly that it was a beta. and even better if it had showed the requirement to install the Stacks beta … I’m just user trying to help, that is all. :slight_smile:

Thanks @dan That explains everything. :slight_smile: I look forward to the proper beta and full release.

Ha, too busy re-recording those jingles for the podcast I guess :smile: Keep your eye on the ball Dan - but I do like the fixed siteloc preview!

Hi all, I just wanted to comment on this dialog that might seem confusing

tl;dr: go get the Stacks 3.2 beta. it’ll help!

• The reason this dialog box is here is to help users get Stacks updated to v3.2 (in beta now) which can take full advantage of all the new RW 7.1 API. Right now it doesn’t do the right thing when you click Update Plugins, because Stacks 3.2 is still being beta tested.
  • Stacks v3.2 beta 1 is available to everyone. Check our twitter feed for more info.
  • In the future, when Stacks 3.2 and RW 7.1 are available to the public, the “Upgrade Plugins” button will do the right thing and update Stacks 3 users to Stacks to 3.2.
  • For really technical reasons Stacks 2 will work fine in RW 7.1 – but will not benefit from all of the cool new hotness that Realmac Software dev team has been adding to the API – you’ll have to get Stacks 3 for that. :slight_smile:

Isaiah

Thanks Isaiah, that all makes perfect sense…

I look forward to the official 7.1 and stacks 3.2 launch.

Keep up the good work :smile:

Thanks for the clarification @isaiah. :slight_smile:

Yes, I upgraded today and got the same error message. Reinstalling Stacks led to a further error message… I hope there will be a fix in short order.

Wondering how 7.1 is coming along.