RW7 Publishing problems

So can you “publish” (export) to a local folder? (Then use ftp to upload.) I see you had some issues with CyperDuck. I’d step you thru uploads but I use Yummy ftp and is a paid product. But it has really, really, nice features. “Watcher” app will watch any folder on you Mac and upload new files to specified server directory. You can drop a file on a Droplet to upload, etc.

Alternately, if you can get your files exported and login to your Web account control panel you should have means to upload files there.

Also, don’t assume that because “publish” ran a while it connected. Before it actually uploads to server it has to “build” and “export” (temp files) the html files… then… after that it begins the actual upload.

Thank you. I’ll check Yummy check the control panel.

Interesting … thanks again. I see I have a bit to learn about this stuff.

Have you ever actually seen your web space files? Your web files go into a “public_html” or “www” folder or similar. So make sure you are aiming for the right folded on your server.

Ok, I will do that. I’m learning more and more … :wink:

Thank you everyone! Following you various advice, I have been able to get my revised site back up.

You freaking rock!

1 Like

That is great. In my opinion one of the best things a new RW user could do would be to do no server publishing from RW and export only with ftp uploads. This will help them realize how important it is to plan project structure, layout, etc and also just exactly what gets uploaded and where.

1 Like

HERE IS THE SOLUTION, which the great people at RapidWeaver gave me:

If you’re using FTP, the “Mode” should usually be set to “Extended Passive (Default)”

It really works! Yea!

Hi @Aaron. i tried email you. what is the correct email address?
thanks

If you’re using FTP, the “Mode” should usually be set to “Extended Passive (Default)”