RW 7 unable to publish

(Chris Loneragan) #1

I have emailed support with these issues, but wondered if anyone here had any solutions while I wait.

I upgraded to RW 7 yesterday. Everything seemed to transfer over from RW 6 OK, and my project file quickly updated to the new format. I cannot, however, publish the project to my FTP server. All settings are identical to the ones I used in 6. The connection test is successful, the path is correct etc. When I click browse, the pop up box is empty with no directories listed, but I can see them if I look using Vyper FTP. Every time I try to publish, the pages are exported and then it freezes on the first file upload before giving an unable to publish error. I also have to re-enter my licence code every time I open RW7 - ??

I amusing El Capitan on an iMac, Tesla Pro, and publishing to Easyspace.

(Brian LaPan) #2

For some users, some settings actually have needed to be changed (like ftp type). Check out our knowledge base article on publishing troubleshooting and see if there’s an answer there:

http://kb.realmacsoftware.com/article/42-how-to-fix-ftp-publishing-issues

(Wolf Wrobel) #3

Changing the mode in the publishing settings to “extended passive” worked for me.

Wolf

(Phil) #4

Changing the mode in the publishing settings to “extended passive” worked for me. And me.

(Chris Loneragan) #5

Changing to extended passive half works. I can now use the browse button, but it still won’t publish :frowning:

(Emiliano Achaval) #6

I have also emailed support. I can’t believe that I did not learn my lesson from the last upgrade. What a nightmare. My site looks like crap now, my One Little designer Theme is not compatible with RW7. I can’t publish. I have to use Transmit FTP. I emailed theme developer. Meanwhile trying to publish with Theme Kiki…
Worst thing is, this time I paid money for this suffering!!! www.hawaiiankoaturner.com
I have 2 other sites, I won’t touch them till things are resolved. Can I go back to RW 6.3? How?? Please help

(Emiliano Achaval) #7

Went back to RW 6.3 I can’t upgrade to latest version. Freezes everytime… At least I’m publishing my old site!!
I might be asking for my money back…

(Chris Loneragan) #8

Publishing and licensing are the two problems I have - very frustrating after the perpetual blog menu issue I had with RW6! Hoping for a reply from @dan soon…

(Richard Fox) #9

My upgrade seemed to go smoothly. Had to purchase the new version of Stacks. I made some changes to my website and then tried to publish. In RW 6, the publishing, even of every page/resource, took less than 5 minutes. In RW 7, over 6800 files are to be uploaded to my server. I let the publish run all night and somewhere along the way, the publish crashed. What is going on? Why the 6800+ files, why the crash. I will remain with RW 6 for now.

(Chris Handley) #10

Thanks for the tip! Changing publishing mode to Extended Passive worked for my 1and1 hosted website.

(Gnosis Media) #11

I too can not publish. I can’t even publish a single page. The upload starts and always stops and different random points.