S3 is Coming Soon

(Isaiah Carew) #1

We’re wrapping up testing for S3. I hope you’re ready.

also this: https://twitter.com/isaiah/status/619974380173443072

(Stuart) #2

Great. And I hope it lets me scroll through my stacks list again.
Seriously - great stuff and cannot wait…

Excited and nervous in equal measure! Hope all my stacks will work and play well together.

(Mathew Mitchell) #4

Alright! This is hugely exciting. Can’t wait to see what Isaiah has been cooking up for Stacks 3!

(Dan) #5

Isaiah has shown me Stacks 3 and it’s killer, I think you’re all going to be blown away.

Can’t wait for it’s official release. It’s gonna be big!

Cheers,
Dan

(Hans) #6

I’m looking forward (again) :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to seeing the new version of Stacks. Apart from some usability improvements I am hoping there might be something in there to speed up website page loading and performance inside Rapidweaver.

(DeFliGra) #8

I know that you’re afraid. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin.

Stacks 3. Smarter. Faster.

Couldn’t resist… a little quote from one of my all time favorite movies :wink:

(skaicaptain) #9

does it still crash rw after updating a few stacks in a row? this is happening every single time I do this!

(Dan) #10

@skaicaptian - Can you let us know what version of RapidWeaver and Stacks you are using so we can track down the issue?

If you’re not using the most up-to-date version of either, I’d suggest upgrading now as the issues have probably been fixed.

(skaicaptain) #11

@dan thanks for trying to help! I have the latest v5 with the latest stacks plugin installed. I am not the only one suffering from that issue. see the old forum… kai

Happened to me too. Running RW 5.4.1 & Stacks 2.7.1 on 10.10.4 with 32 GB. Usually crash after updating 4 to 7 stacks.

(Andy Pearce) #13

Same here - in fact RW5 has been the most crash tactic ever for me recently…

(Doug Stansfield) #14

So are we hours, days, or weeks away from release?

(Mathew Mitchell) #15

@dezac and @DarthPearce Stacks 3 requires RW version 6. I believe crashes are expected if you are using RW 5. But Stacks 3 works beautifully on RW6.

(Andy Pearce) #16

@Mathew - I’m talking about the current version of stacks - just echoing a few others that seem to be having issues with it when stacks are updating…

(Barrie McDermid) #17

I hate to say this and apologies if I’m wrong, but it seems that quite a few people are complaining on here before contacting the official support channels. I only mention this, because the support is great.

Negative comments put me off upgrading for a while and almost persuaded me to abandon ship.

(Dan) #18

@Bazza sorry to hear you almost jumped ship. However, I’m really glad you stayed, we’re working really hard to make sure RapidWeaver keeps kicking ass :smile:

(Barrie McDermid) #19

@dan I hope you took notice of the positive feedback too :grinning:

(Andy Pearce) #20

@bazza - you’re correct, I haven’t sent a support ticket. I wasn’t really complaining either though, just adding my voice so that Realmac realise it’s not an isolated incident.

Hopefully won’t be a problem now I’ve upgraded to RW6!