S3 is Coming Soon

We’re wrapping up testing for S3. I hope you’re ready.

also this: https://twitter.com/isaiah/status/619974380173443072

5 Likes

Great. And I hope it lets me scroll through my stacks list again.
Seriously - great stuff and cannot wait…

Excited and nervous in equal measure! Hope all my stacks will work and play well together.

Alright! This is hugely exciting. Can’t wait to see what Isaiah has been cooking up for Stacks 3!

1 Like

Isaiah has shown me Stacks 3 and it’s killer, I think you’re all going to be blown away.

Can’t wait for it’s official release. It’s gonna be big!

Cheers,
Dan

4 Likes

I’m looking forward (again) :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to seeing the new version of Stacks. Apart from some usability improvements I am hoping there might be something in there to speed up website page loading and performance inside Rapidweaver.

I know that you’re afraid. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin.

Stacks 3. Smarter. Faster.

Couldn’t resist… a little quote from one of my all time favorite movies :wink:

does it still crash rw after updating a few stacks in a row? this is happening every single time I do this!

@skaicaptian - Can you let us know what version of RapidWeaver and Stacks you are using so we can track down the issue?

If you’re not using the most up-to-date version of either, I’d suggest upgrading now as the issues have probably been fixed.

@dan thanks for trying to help! I have the latest v5 with the latest stacks plugin installed. I am not the only one suffering from that issue. see the old forum… kai

Happened to me too. Running RW 5.4.1 & Stacks 2.7.1 on 10.10.4 with 32 GB. Usually crash after updating 4 to 7 stacks.

Same here - in fact RW5 has been the most crash tactic ever for me recently…

So are we hours, days, or weeks away from release?

@dezac and @DarthPearce Stacks 3 requires RW version 6. I believe crashes are expected if you are using RW 5. But Stacks 3 works beautifully on RW6.

@Mathew - I’m talking about the current version of stacks - just echoing a few others that seem to be having issues with it when stacks are updating…

I hate to say this and apologies if I’m wrong, but it seems that quite a few people are complaining on here before contacting the official support channels. I only mention this, because the support is great.

Negative comments put me off upgrading for a while and almost persuaded me to abandon ship.

1 Like

@Bazza sorry to hear you almost jumped ship. However, I’m really glad you stayed, we’re working really hard to make sure RapidWeaver keeps kicking ass :smile:

@dan I hope you took notice of the positive feedback too :grinning:

@bazza - you’re correct, I haven’t sent a support ticket. I wasn’t really complaining either though, just adding my voice so that Realmac realise it’s not an isolated incident.

Hopefully won’t be a problem now I’ve upgraded to RW6!