Send Email to selected address

I am looking for a way to allow a user to select who will receive the email form when completed. I;m using Formsnap and when the select button is clicked it goes to the address located in the Formsnap properties.

I would like to allow a user to select through dropdown, or some other method the name of the recipient (ex. Marketing, Sales, Technical, etc.) and the send button would send it to the associated Email address.

I am thinking that I can create a form where the user selects the recipient and then go to the associated page, or activate the hidden stack based up the selection. The problem is I haven’t been able to find a way to build the control page that lists the recipients and then go to/open the associated Formsnap.

Take a look at this sample…see if it works for you?
http://www.ibize.com/mailto/

(the only address that works is mine: Joe Martin

4 Likes

Might I suggest an out-of-the-box solution? Use rules in your mail application.

If the forms received are distinguishable from each other, for instance a value of a field that changes according to the selection the customer has made; i.e. “Sales”, “Support”. etc.) you could build a rule in your mail application that looks for this value and then forwards the mail to the right department.

The big pro of this is that e-mail addresses or the routing requirements can change and you won’t have to alter your form; only the set of rules in your mail application.

Cheers,
Erwin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.