SEO Checker for free

Free from App Store for a limited time - https://seocheckerapp.com/

4 Likes

Great catch, @DaveFox, thanks for sharing.

Cheers for that. Downloaded now. Rob

Sadly after working fine last night and early this morning. It’s now crashing every time I try and update a site. Just locks.

Still working for you @DaveFox and @Beemerang?

Rob

Retrieving data still works fine for me @robbeattie, however, the modal progress window locks and then the only solution seems to be Force Quit.

Working fine here, just added 7 more of my sites - all working fine - great little App - hope you get it sorted! Suggest you report it on their webpage contact form.

Yes, it’s updating that locks for me as well. I think it’s got real promise so I’ll see if I can replicate the exact steps and let them know.

Rob

Just checked, updating working fine on 8 sites here, I’m on El Capitan still.

This morning I’m finding that if I don’t move away from the app, then Update works fine. If I leave it to update and move to another program or virtual desktop, then it freezes.

I’ll report that but I can live with it.

Rob

They’re aware of the problem and say it’ll be fixed in the next release to the App Store. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for update info @robbeattie, still updating here although I note it uses UTC so is 1 hour behind for me. Screenshot -

No Yosemite support :frowning:

@robbeattie SEO 1.1 is out :slight_smile:

1 Like

App Store not showing here yet. I’ll check in the morning. Thanks.

Anybody got any updates on this app?
The link to seochackerapp.com no longer works!
Thanks @robbeattie @DaveFox

Type Seochecker into the App store - still there and still free.

EDIT - but now the App fails - Doh! (too good to be true for the price, I guess a refund is out of the question!)

Even when it “worked”, it didn’t really, as the app only analyzed the home page.

My inquiry prompted the following response on Sept 28: “full site audit is not yet implemented just general overview of the domain (homepage)”

And now, as @DaveFox has remarked, it does not work at all.

I think the enthusiasm with which I and others fell on this demonstrates there’s a real appetite for a third party SEO checker. I certainly thought it was quite well done for a 1.0 app. (Now of course I worry that it’s somehow been collating data from my Mac and websites with a view to making them explode at some point in the future!).

I like Greg’s SEO RX but it kicks up too many negative scores to do with code positioning that - last time I looked - I can’t do anything about because it’s a function of the theme or RW.

I would have a thought there’s money to be made here.

@robbeattie @Butternut - It’s back up.

Good stuff. Thanks. I’m glad I didn’t delete it.