Share a site with the stack SHARE IT

Hi to all,
I am utilizing the stack “SHARE IT” in order to give the visitors the possibility to share my site on their pages Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and so on
Unfortunately (using only Share It) only a link to the site to share becomes visible. It is without a title and without an image.
I have found out that I have to set the META TAGS, according to the social network.
Someone has suggested me the OG META TAGS for Facebook and the Plain Meta Tags for the other social…

I am really confused.

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot

You need to have the OpenGraph tags in place to tell the different platforms what to show.
Just google OG tags there is a ton of info on what to include.
If you happen to be using Foundation there is an SEO Helper stack in there that makes it a little easier.

If not just add them to the header area of each page in the page inspector (see screen shot)

2 Likes

Thanks Scott,

I’m using Foundation-

This can all be done in the SEO Helper stack that comes with Foundation. Add that stack and then add the child of stacks (click the blue button) for each social network. Then add the content in the stacks.

I have the Foundation SEO helper stack on a number of sites, I’m going to post a link here but you should see more than just the www. address:

Here’s another:

Everything you see above in the 2 links (logo, title etc) was set with the stack

1 Like

Impressive. How can I do that?

Add the SEO helper stack to your page and then use the + button to add Twitter, Facebook, location etc child stacks. Fill them in with the info you wish to display and (theoretically) you’ll be done.

Here is a video showing you how to add the SEO Helper stack
http://d.pr/v/Vl6ITR

2 Likes

Can the seo helper stack be used even if I do not have foundation? Or is there a similar stack?

Well. Sharing on Facebook now works well with Facebook Open Graph of Foundation , with description, image, link, and so on.
But Twitter Card doesn’t work. I compiled properly all the section of SEO helper - Twitter card. Sharing my site on Twitter, only the link appears.
Instagram sharing doesn’t work too and I don’t find in Seo Helper a place where insert the data for sharing (image, etc…)

@Fuellemann
I hope to see something like this in Foundry too, would be excellent.