Slow Quad theme

@manofdogz

2 different products, Yuzoolthemes is a Theme, HipsterWeavers is a project based on Foundations by JW.

Similar effect though…

Brad

1 Like

aha – I get it. hope the speed issues get sorted

1 Like

Me too! I really wanted the FB connect stack to work.

1 Like

@TraciSlatton

Your top audio player isn’t installed correctly on the page in RapidWeaver, it is missing a bunch of the code from the base Player 2 stack and that may be causing the unexplained LI marks on the page.

You should be able to add a second instance of the base stack instructions here as he has a demo 2 in the demo site that has 2 instances on it.

Also, no speed issue for me in Canada :wink:

Brad

Hey @TraciSlatton I wasn’t aware you still had speed issues. Quad theme is made up of Foundation stacks and a couple of third party stacks. None of which would cause your site to be slow.

Looks like the guys above have spotted a few of the elements slowing your site down.

I would also say there are a lot of images throughout the site (I know I got you to resize these already which has definitely helped). The sheer number of images loading at once in a one page site will always cause a few speed issues though. So that’s something to be aware of.

Any questions regarding any Hipster Weaver stuff please tag me in and I’ll do my best to help!

Thanks!

2 Likes

HI @hipsterweaver Still having slow load speeds and I’ve done everything I can think of. If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear. I like the way the site looks but I’ll have to return to a different, faster loading theme if I can’t speed it up. Thanks!

Hey Traci.

The theme is foundation and Quad is made up of a hand full of foundation stacks. So the speed has nothing todo with the theme itself.

Quad does load all the content within one page so for the amount of content you have it may not be the best speed wise.

You are currently loading over 70 images on one page load. This will have a massive effect on the page load speed when using a one page load type site.

You could break it up into other pages but simplify the quad content? Hope that helps.

Let me know.
Thanks

Jon

1 Like

Thanks, Jon. Is there a way to click on one of the quadrants and have it go to a link–in this case, a page–rather than have a scroll-up page? SO I can take the content of that front page and put it on it’s own page? Does that make sense? Specifically, I’d like to have a viewer click on “Media” and go to a Media page. Is that possible? How do I do that?

Thanks!
Traci