Split theme title size

So, the RW-Page-File is on my desktop…When I edit the page, I make a dopple-click and open it…In this folder is the svg-file…I changed the color now from the hamburger, and when I open svg-file with the browser, you can see the three red lines…BUT when I reopen the project, it is still white…

Hi @mufflern

When you say the “RW-Page-File” do you mean the exported project?

If so, then yes you can - as you have found, edit the svg file in there and it will, as you have said update in that page.

BUT that will only work inside that specific exported project.

Back in Rapidweaver - the svg file has not been altered.

You have only altered the copy of the svg file in the exported project which is now a separate thing to your project.

You need to open your theme drawer IN RAPIDWEAVER with your project open and find the theme being used for your project. It will either be SPLIT or a dupe of SPLIT. Control click on that theme and choose show contents. In the finder window that opens you will see the theme files. Edit the svg file in there and save it.

Check out my post from June 20th for more details.

Let me know how that goes.

2 Likes

After a very long odyssey - IT WORKS!!! Thanks so much for your help and your patience!!! pretty happy now with my hamburger!!! Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

I’m going to miss this thread :wink:

Seriously though… well done figuring it out and I’m really happy that you will get more out of your YUZOOLTHEMES theme.

5 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thx again!!! so happy that it works!

Great work @mufflern and @kryten - hamburgers all round :hamburger:

1 Like

hey stuart :slight_smile: before it’s getting really quiet in this thread, only one thing: yesterday I downloaded the “free” Pulse CMS Stack, which looked very interesting and I tried it. But I figured out, that I can only use this “free” (!) stack when I BUY a license. a lil bit funny, a “free” stack which is useless without a license, that you have to buy. But why the word “FREE” :slight_smile:

Hi @mufflern

Thank you for trying out the Pulse CMS stacks.

As you will have noted from your download there is actually an entire suite of stacks included to support your Pulse CMS website. These stacks are your gateway to your Pulse CMS. They are professionally designed, produced and supported. They are indeed 100% free.

Pulse CMS is tremendously powerful - yet simple way to enable CMS capabilities in your Rapidweaver projects. Its easy to use and, in my experience, clients love the simple interface which allows them to get in, get it done and get out again fast.

Over on the yuzoolthemes site:
https://www.yuzoolthemes.com/themes/pulse-cms/

It does say “Get a license and learn more” - which leads you to:

Where you can see all the features and options to enable you to make a decision about whether Pulse is right for you or not.

Are you saying that Pulse CMS should be free because the stacks to use it are offered for free? If so, then I would love to know what you are basing that expectation on. What are you comparing it to? I’m genuinely interested.

This principle of the stacks (user software) being offered for “FREE” but the back end license or registration incurring a cost, is certainly not unique to yuzoolthemes. I have, just this moment, looked at the website of another big name stacks/framework vendor where their total solution for CMS is listed as “FREE” too. But it’s not free to use either…

And why should they be, after all?

I work in enterprise technology and see exactly this model all the time.

Hope this helps and you decide to give Pulse CMS a try. I don’t think you would regret it and we would love to have you onboard.

2 Likes

hey Stuart, thank you for answer! For me its strange, that they call it “free”. Yes, they are free but senseless without this license. Yes, I read, that a license is necessary and they wrote it at the end, last sentence. Normally there should be the word “free” with a star (“free*”), that shows you immediately that isn’t free, free on special conditions. For me, free means free, and free stacks should work. I felt a certain deception (that should not sound bad!!) but you know, that I am not a professional on this sector and maybe that is normal that they call it this way. I hope you understand what I am talking about, because I think, my message is not that well written (my german is much better;). When they call it free there shouldn’t be a ‘but’…

It makes more sense (in my mind anyway) when you consider that Pulse existed before and independent of those stacks. The stacks let you tap into an existing product (and that product has a cost). The same way that I can get an app for my vehicle that lets me look at real-time diagnostics or unlock the doors from my phone. I still have to buy the vehicle though.

3 Likes

Thanks @jabostick + @kryten for the excellent explanation and detail there

Just in case there’s any confusion I’d like add, Pulse is not free. It’s a premium CMS which exists outside of RapidWeaver.

The “free” Stacks in question are the Pulse Stacks Suite by @instacks which are (kindly) free and these are the keys needed to bring Pulse into your RapidWeaver project. Without them, it’s not possible. It’s a really tight and thorough integration and getting better all the time.

It certainly wasn’t free to him, as he took 6 weeks to build it, so he could have easily charged for it. Just as PayPal isn’t free and many developers (including myself) do actually charge for PayPal integration, for example. So with Pulse, it’s a better deal :astonished:

Hope this helps and would be wonderful to have you give Pulse a try :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mufflern

Wolf: I already told you via email that this FREE Stack is requiring a Pulse CMS licence as documented everywhere. If you refer to the RapidWeaver Add-Ons site: There is no FREE with a * star option.

With downloading a FREE set of stacks, you did not conclude any contract or whatever.

And please keep in mind that me (@instacks) and Michael (@yuzool) are two different parties working together.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch via email, as you already did.

Thanks

4 Likes

hey Jannis! it seemed strange for me, but everything is ok :slight_smile: now I understand…greetings, wolf

1 Like

P.S: Forget my post here - this free-thing is now clear :slight_smile:

hey Stuart. A question: Is it possible to have a symbol up there or only text line…see the picture

@mufflern if it’s part of the menu that could be possible … paste it in RW page inspector page name :slight_smile:

Hi @mufflern and @kryten

I am recently working on Split Theme and also facing the same problem as @mufflern did- the site logo is not at the “right” position. My logo is now sitting on the lower boundary of the navigation. How can I move it up to the middle of the navigation?

I tried typing this code, but nothing happen.
.site-logo img {
padding-bottom: 170px !important;
}

As always, it’s going to be difficult for folks to provide help without a URL to a page. Otherwise they would need to recreate the same project as you already have.
In the future you may want to create a new post for questions like this, rather than revive a 6 month lengthy one. Most folks aren’t going to want to read through 50+ replies to figure out what’s going on.

2 Likes

As @teefers mentions - if you post a URL it’s most likely just a quick / easy CSS adjust