Stack for a Sidebar

(Andrew Tyzack) #1

Blank Theme 2.1 doesn’t have a sidebar and I need one for the categories of the RW Blog. I’ve pulled my blog page into a Stacks page using Niceframe, but alas no list of categories and tags. Is there a Stack for creating a sidebar?

Thanks,

Andrew

Need another Theme: Blog, Stacks and Niceframe but no Sidebar
(Marten Claridge ) #2

Hi Andrew,

As far as I’m aware DeFliGra’s Niceframe and Sidecar bundle covers that eventuality. If you didn’t buy the bundle maybe you can buy the Sidecar separately.

Marten

(Will Woodgate) #3

I believe I’ve resolved this for you on Twitter already. You simply need to insert %sidebar% and %plugin_sidebar% macros into the page, where you want your blog sidebar rendered. I just tested this in Blank theme, RapidWeaver 6 and Stacks 3. After I entered ‘Hello World’ in the sidebar and previewed the page, the content was outputted onto the page, in place of %sidebar%.

(Andrew Tyzack) #4

Thanks for the advice. I do have Sidecar - was struggling with that - is that where I would enter the macros? Please excuse ignorance - don’t know what a macro is? And where to put it?

Andrew

(Will Woodgate) #5

Anywhere. I just put %sidebar% in an HTML stack and it worked for me. I presume you’d do the same for %plugin_sidebar%. Any content stack or column should work.

(Andrew Tyzack) #6

Still not getting it? I’ve pasted the Macros - one into the sidecar in a html stack and the other in another html stack? Screen grab below.

(Marten Claridge ) #7

Try not putting the sibebar macro in SideCar.

Marten

(Will Woodgate) #8

Working fine for me. HTML code stack in RapidWeaver 6, Stacks 3, Blank theme:

Previewing the page in RapidWeaver with some sample content in the sidebar:

RapidWeaver is correctly replacing my %sidebar% macro with my actual sidebar content when the page is previewed and published.

(Andrew Tyzack) #9

Still not getting it? Maybe the text is same colour as background or something? Have tried changing the width of the Niceframe Stack too?

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #10

I could be wrong, but I think if you want a sidebar on the side, you need to add a 2 column stack.