Feature Request: Markdown content for Sidebar

We currently have the ability to use Styled Text or HTML as content styles in the sidebar.

It would be nice to be able to use Markdown as a content type in the sidebar as well. Would pair well with the Markdown page style that shipped with RapidWeaver v6, or, really any page style where the user would like to use Markdown to create their content.

3 Likes

The ability to use a Stacks page would even be better…

1 Like

IMHO I don’t think that would be such a good idea. You’d be doing the same thing as using Pluskit’s @import() which I personally cringe at… You would be importing extra, unneeded stuff on the page.

I’m moving as many of my Pluskit instances as I can to Houdini which seems to be working well.

1 Like

Another option is a php “include” in the sidebar to “pull in” the html/php. I have great success with that.

No no. Pimp up the sidebar to allow stacks content.

Tststs never use @import …

Not to breakup the sidebar importing party, but I just posted this thread as a Markdown style setting Feature Request thread for Realmac.

Perhaps we could start a new thread for the import discussion?

2 Likes

I’d much rather see this as a built in feature for RW. And I’m fairly certain it wouldn’t be too difficult to do. Seems like a slam dunk easy feature to add.

Isaiah

2 Likes

I agree, if they can add a banner area for themes, how hard would it be to add an area to drop stacks to add to the sidebar??

i’d say pretty hard.