Stripe setup (server side)

(Jason Bostick) #1

Has anyone successfully installed Stripe into their site. I feel like I’m over my head with the server-side part and installing the libraries.

Stripe has documentation on it but I find it confusing (and their support email hasn’t been super helpful).

I think I have installed the libraries via Composer (as they describe/instruct here) and it created a vendor/stripe folder on my mac. So I am currently on this step here and am confused where this piece of code actually goes, where I need it on my server, and how to connect it to my rapidweaver project.

Anyway, this may be beyond expectations for the rapidweaver forum but if anyone has experience with this and wouldn’t mind a dumbed-down version for me, that’d be great.

(Marten Claridge ) #2

Have you considered using a Stripe stack? Yuzool Themes has a couple worth considering.

Marten
RapidWeaver Central

(Jason Bostick) #3

Yeah, I actually started with the Yuzool stack (the Stripe Checkout one), but I kept getting an error that I couldn’t figure out (and Michael was off of work briefly so he couldn’t troubleshoot it for me). In the meantime, I tried the code that Stripe provides and I thought I had it worked out until this ‘server side’ component came up that I didnt know about.

I’ve emailed Michael as well, armed with this new realization/info, because his stack is very slick and otherwise easy to setup.

I have a developer friend coming over tonight to troubleshoot as well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

(Jason Bostick) #4

I should update this post that Yuzool’s recent Stripe Checkout update fixed ALL of my headaches. The Yuzool Stripe stack is a thousand times easier than what I was trying to decipher with the user guides and instructions from the actual Stripe website.

(Roberto Tremonti) #5

If you are looking to a complete e-commerce plugin that supports Stripe and PayPal and doesn’t require any tech skills to implement them I’d suggest you to take a look at RapidCart Pro.

(Michael Frankland) #6

Thanks @jabostick and glad that update fixed you up and you found it easy :smile:

Thanks @Marten_Claridge also for the recommendation!!