Suddenly lost Edit View

I’ve suddenly lost the ability to see my site in edit view. It shows up as a permutation of Preview. I have restarted my computer to no avail. I am not seeing any missing plugin messages. I am freaking out because a previous poster who had this problem was able to restore it by restarting. I wasn’t as fortunate. I will try shutting down next.

Edited: Shutting down and starting again did nothing to change the problem.

If it helps, I have published the site at www.floridaloha.com and it is a work in progress. I am using Foundation. The last thing I did was change the toolbar and I was going in to try to troubleshoot why navigation wasn’t showing up on the iPhone view. I’d also recently installed 1 Little Designer’s PopBox but had not used it yet.

I am running El Capitan 10.11.3 and RW 6.38.

@aloha

Nancy, which View Mode do you have enabled?

Brad

1 Like

::::hits head hard::::

I had no idea that this was even there. It was on the far left, I moved it to the right and now all is well.

THANK YOU. I am so relieved. What are those other views for anyway? I’ve been using this software forever and never noticed them.

Now I just have to figure out why I’m not showing navigation in iPhone mode :wink:

1 Like

They show stacks differently in edit mode, the far right shows stack boxes & names, the next one left is stack boxes only (this one most dev’s use for demo tutorials/video’s) and then the farthest left is the one that is as close to preview as possible without being preview (no stack box or name).

Maybe you have disabled the menu system in the iPhone of the stack?

Brad

1 Like

Thank you. I think I learn something new every day regarding Rapidweaver. I’m not the most technical person in the world and I have hundreds of hours into this website. It keeps “evolving” as I find some new shiny thing that I just need to use :wink: The last shiny thing was Phantom, with that cool rotating wheel feature that I just HAD to use. I’m a total RW addict.

I will check the iPhone settings. I’m sure it is something I will be able to find.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it. Glad it was something easy and normal and not something broken.

1 Like

@aloha

Awesome, welcome to the addict club lol, glad to have been able to help an easy one lol.

In top bar stack, check the page inspector (stack - farthest right), check that menu display is for mobile, tablet and desktop.

Works fine on desktop, not there on iPhone 6.

Nice implementation of Phantom!!!

For the Casa Coquina section, the enquiry form is non-responsive, the images are too large as in file size (MB instead of KB) and take a bit to load on mobile, suggest compressing them using PhotoBulk from MAS… (All comments will likely apply to your Casa Nokomis form and images as well…)

Brad

1 Like

Thanks for the external perspective! I know I need to optimize images… I have GraphicConverter and was planning to use that to fix things but will check out PhotoBulk too. I need new pics for Casa Coquina so I’ll be doing that this month.

Thanks for the Phantom comment. I saw it and knew it would be perfect for this application.

I so much appreciate the user testing, thank you Brad.

1 Like