Teacher needs help/advice making page for PDF downloads

@YankeeLaker Well this is a very old thread! I looked at the Cute product but ultimately did not end up using it. Realistically there is a great product out there which does all I need. It’s called Repository and is fabulous. I’m not sure exactly what you are looking for so this may not be the best fit for you: unfortunately this thread talks about many different things so I’m not sure about your exact needs.

At any rate check out Repository at:

It is a RW stack. Can’t recommend it highly enough for my own classroom usage.

2 Likes

Try this…http://www.ibize.com/Education/
Look at Math/Basic Math area
Basic stacks page with:
Ziplist 2 stack
True Downloads 2 stack
Compressed pdf files
Finder Layout

Transmit Layout

1 Like

@Mathew and @joemart1951 Thank you both for your replies. Sorry to take several days to reply–I was exploring your suggested options. I’ve had the Repository stacks since July and use it for warehousing with no trouble. I cannot, however, figure out his Download stack. I spent many HOURS trying to get it to display PDF files in my Warehouse directory and was ultimately unsuccessful. (It would help, I think, if Repository’s Download stack had some documentation.) I ultimately ended up using @Willwood’s Paperless stack, and am happy with the result: https://yankee-lake.org/ylpa/quick-downloads/

Thanks again for being so responsive and supportive!

1 Like

I use Joe Workmans pdf embed to display…
Take a look at math/basic math here:

http://www.ibize.com/Education/
Joe Martin

joemart1951@me.com

texas-lover.001.jpg

1 Like

Why aren’t you sending me an email when having problems with my products?

@instacks: I went to your support page, and it suggested the support forum at RW4ALL, so that’s where I went. I left a question there. You responded that there was no documentation for the Downloads stack. When I separated the Repository and Downloads stacks into two separate pages as you advised, it broke what had been working. So, I was back to square one. This was my same experience with the Download stack that I had had back in July when I first tried to do this. I had already spent the better part of two days trying everything I could think of to make it work. So, I just gave up on the Downloads stack and found @Willwood’s Paperless stack, and had a solution in no time.

I am not disparaging your stack, but I sure could not figure out how to expose a directory within my warehouse directory, so a non-authenticated user could download a pdf file. I have no issues with your Repository stack. Works great. I imagine the Downloads stack works, too, but it is not as intuitive as you must think that it is.

Always: send me an email when you have issues.

Providing support via a forum for detail server issues isn’t really possible or worthwhile.

@YankeeLaker Thanks for the mention. Glad you managed to get everything working with the Paperless stack. Always happy to hear from you or anyone else of ways it can be improved or any new features you want to see added to it. Table column widths are currently on the ‘to-do’ list.

1 Like