Tesla Theme - deleting the banner in somes pages


(Corinna Gielen) #1

Hi there -

I´d like to get rid of the banner… I only want it on the first page. How can I mange it?

Looking forward for your help,
Corinna


(Matthias Ficht) #2

I’m afraid that won’t be possible (as I remember from some thread on the old forums). But maybe the developer (Adam from elixir graphics) can chime in here and either confirm or correct my statement. :slight_smile:
By the way: I would have loved(!) to use this otherwise brilliant theme for some client site, but didn’t use it because of this missing feature you’re asking for.


(Corinna Gielen) #3

Hhhhmmm… !?

Thanks for your comment.

A statement would be great! A manual much more… Adam???

Best
C


(Rob D) #4

Same here. I love the theme, but not the lack of customization.


(Peter Fitzpatrick) #5

I’m using the theme and am 99% happy with it. The remaining 1% is due to not being able to resize the banner image on a page by page basis. In my site http://www.circuit3.com I’m ok having the fullsize banner in the home page but once a visitor has landed at the site they don’t really want or need the ‘big bang’ of that fullsize banner on subsequent pages.

A percent horizontal scaling option would be an excellent addition.


Telsa Banner Height Change
(Oscar Schmid) #6

@Consche @shabbyroad @Rovertek @RapidBase
Put this code in CSS of the page (or global), and the banner is away.
Only the navigation rest visible.

header {
height: 70px;
}


(Peter Fitzpatrick) #7

Thank you. I’m glad someone with more smarts than I has a way to do this. I’m going to experiment and see if by adjusting the height: value gives me a partial header and keeps the visitor focus on the content without having to scroll down.


(Oscar Schmid) #8

@shabbyroad
70px is nessecary for the navigation, when subnavigation.
You can change to 200px, 300px etc… That will work.

Edit:
You can set the height to 0px. With 70px, the logo is visible behind the navigation, when used.


(Oscar Schmid) #9

@Consche @shabbyroad @Rovertek @RapidBase

I have to complement the code, thereby also the content of the header is away.

header { height: 0px; }

#title_wrapper, #logo img{ display: none; }

Height 0px. When a subnavigation is here, set to 70px


(Peter Fitzpatrick) #10

Super. I managed to find a nice balance which works for me http://www.circuit3.com but now I need to work on how that email list popup on the homepage looks - it’s cosmetically unpleasant right now. I’m making this up as I go along :smile:


(Steven de Winter) #11

I added the code
header {
height: 450px;
}
Works great for the site I am developing.
However now ALL pages are using this adjusted size. But I want the fullsize banner with the home page and the adjusted size for all the other pages. Shabbyroad managed to do this on http://www.circuit3.com But I can’t find out how it has been done. Looking forward for your help.


(Oscar Schmid) #12

@stevendewinter

Put this code in the CSS of the page (page inspector), not global.
Global works on every page, in page inspector only for this page.


(Oscar Schmid) #13

… or otherwise.
You let the code in global settings and put in the homepage the code with your desired height or with this code :wink:

header { height: 100%; }


(Peter Rood) #14

This is a very good fix. I was thinking about this issue for a pet project. I loved the theme, but found it a little too much for every page. I am glad I stumbled upon this thread.


(cezi) #15

could i use css code to change the banner image?
i am using Reason and trying to change the standard images;
first i went to the contents of the theme and changed img3, one of the four banner images; however RW seems to contain a bug when you try to change the image in the settings; on the other hand i would rather not go so deep in the contents of a theme to make changes; putting a css code on a page level or global seems easier; however i am not a css expert and would like to know what the code should be to change the banner image of Reason


(Corinna Gielen) #16

Thank you, Oscar. Brilliant as always!


(Oscar Schmid) #17

@cezi

For Reason, this is another code, not header, but #feature.
Put your picture in resources and this code in siteinspector CSS of your page or in global CSS for every page.

#feature { background-image: url(%resource(yourpicture.png)%); }


(Oscar Schmid) #18

@Consche

Thank you :sweat_smile:


(cezi) #19

thanks a lot, this should do the trick!!


(Oscar Schmid) #20

@cezi

That’s not a trick, that’s CSS :wink:

Attention, not only feature, but #feature !!
And it works.