Total CMS sample data

I am religiously following Joe’s Video tutorial on creating a blog page with Total CMS and all is well until I download the sample data. The video says upload it to your site in a directory called blog - so I copy all the folders and files in the downloaded cms-data download to my /blog folder.

So my root folder contains /bog and inside that I have the 9 sub folders (blog, depot, feed, file, gallery, image, text, toggle and video).

When I go to the blog page on my site however it is showing 0 posts, what have I done wrong?

1. Copy the data to /cms-data folder on your hosting server so it would be /cms-data/blog
  2. Republish all files from RW
  3. Go to the public blog post page in your RW project and preview the page (you should get a modal window that allows you to set the paths)

Thanks for your help but still the same, see https://www.altbristol.info

I was able to save a post so you are close… but it did not show in the list.
Make sure your cms-id is set the same in each pages (both admin and public) blog stacks.
Make sure the path to the blog form page is correct in the blog list stack (admin)

That new post button should be on the list page not the blog form page (admin)
What happens when you preview the public blog Post page in RW? did you get the modal popup?

Many thanks again, I will look in detail at your suggestions but will have to do it later. Really appreciate your help.

OK I have corrected and checked everything and I believe it is correct, however when I preview the public blog form Post page all I get is the same as on the website, a modal black box in the centre of the screen? Sorry to be so dim but I must be missing something basic - I have followed Joe’s video again to make sure I use exactly all settings he does but still not right.

you don’t have any filters turned on on your blog list stacks(both admin and public) do you?
like featured only or category or only future posts etc.

There is a jQuerry error on both blog lists pages something is amiss. The first thing I would do is republish all files from the file menu.

Hi. I have gone back to your posting that was:

1. Copy the data to /cms-data folder on your hosting server so it would be /cms-data/blog
  2. Republish all files from RW
  3. Go to the public blog post page in your RW project and preview the page (you should get a modal window that allows you to set the paths)

I did 1. I did 2. But when preview the public blog post I do not get a modal window that allows me to set the paths?

Any ideas? Thank you again for your help.

Ignore this please. I deleted the whole lot and started again, not sure what I did differently but it is working now! Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.