Turn Off Link Underlining

Hello!

I’m using the Official theme and am trying to disable link underlining in the sidebar.

I didn’t have any luck using:

a:link {
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
a:active {
text-decoration: underline;
}

Any thoughts?

inspect your page, by right clicking on the links you want not underlined, and clicking inspect, see what is going on, perhaps post a screenshot or link so we/i can help more? Otherwise, try playing around in the inspector to get it doing what you want and then transition those changes to your rapidweaver file.

You can try putting !important at the end of text-decoration: none

Without the URL I’m unsure about the CSS target

Here’s the link: https://www.chetcomm.com/preview/cjc/

In the sidebar, the bio is where I’m having trouble. Under the picture should be a single paragraph with three links, but as you can see, the text decorations are messing up the formatting.

Thanks for the quick help!

Not really sure I follow… Are you referring to the ( )? Those are text you have in there

It should read:

Chet Collins (@chetjcollins) is a philosopher and designer living in Virginia. Learn More →

The thin grey lines under the links are what I’m trying to get rid of.

They also show up under the other links in the sidebar… categories, archives, etc.

And now that I look at it, it doesn’t appear to be a text decoration after all.

looks like it’s
.page-blog–sidebar a {
border-bottom: 1 px solid …
}

Try changing that to 0 px
or 0px !important;

That worked! Turning to 0px only eliminated the line, not the spacing. So I deleted the whole reference (.page-blog–sidebar a{border-bottom:0px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);display:inline-block;width:100%;padding:0.5rem 0}) and all now appears as expected.

Thanks for the assist!

1 Like

Glad its sorted, The padding: 0.5 rem 0; is the spacing FYI

2 Likes