Update to RW 7.1 messed up my project

I used to save new versions of RW separately (after the issues with the upgrade from v.5 to 6, keeping the former one. But today I was careless and installed 7.1over 7.0.4. It crashed. Deleted it and installed 7.0.4 from TimeMachine - doesn’t start. Copied working version of 7.0.4. from second backup and it starts. But it begins uploading in the background and is not working as it used to. :-((

I will get it working again, but I will not trust new versions in the future.

Franz

Sounds like there is an issue with the saved versions, why not get it from here:

Scroll down and you will find older versions of RapidWeaver.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried that and it worked. Then, I tried again the version 7.1.1 (separately installed, not over the old 7.0.4 version as before) - same behavior: When opening a project RW begins to export, can’t be stopped except by forcing it. I am giving up right now to try the new version.

Major issues when trying to preview my sites in RW Version 7.1.1 (18323). RW either crashes as the preview starts to build on the screen, or just freezes with a spinning beachball.

If I deselect ‘Render PHP on local preview’ then I don’t get the crash, but obviously I get a lot of raw code showing in the preview.

Ah, just got an email from Dan after my bug report:

‘We’l be releasing RapidWeaver 7.1.2 later today, this will fix this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.’

Downloaded v7.1.0 again and everything is back to normal. Will await v7.1.2

Same here. I just lost a couple of hours work. Updated to 7.1.3 and when saving I lost my licence keys to Rapidweaver and Stacks. Gutted.