Updated to 7.04 problems all day

(leigh) #1

Hi RW 7 , great and painless upgrade.
Just updated to 7.04 and I’m getting crashes , hangs , really strange freezes on random things like working in partials .
Can I go back to 7.03 ?
The save feature seems to be playing up , when its starts slowing down i save and restart but the changes aren’t getting saved, this isn’t once its been lots of times.

(Scot Davis) #2

I have the same problem. Crash, crash, crash and losing work left and right.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #3

Yes, you can go back to 7.0.3, get it here:

Another reason why this forums need a link to a FAQ somewhere on the homepage. Also, not that the FAQs have this, but there should be a FAQ about if an update does not work, where to get the prior version with the link I posted.

(leigh) #4

yes saving has been a problem did several hours work saved it , opened it up and it had all gone :frowning: how i chuckled to myself. RW 7 has been brilliant though up to this point I have to sing Rw’s praises . Its slick and been virtually no issues.

(Brian LaPan) #5

First thing to try is to redownload the full updated 7.0.4 app from the same link Rob provided and replace the one you have. That’ll make sure it wasn’t a delta update issue.

(Greg Schneck) #6

As info to Realmac…
I’m not seeing any more problems in 7.0.4 than in any previous version of 7 including beta’s. But that is not to say I don’t have problems. I’d had crashes, and issues in all versions. But 7.04 has not been worse for me personally…

I have high hopes for each new release but alas, I still have the same issues.

(LJ) #7

Crashes every time I go to settings > master file. Maybe something else but certainly this has triggered a warning every time - although the project appears to carry on working. Error reporting window not working, just hangs (this isn’t new however).

These problems occurring with a brand new site in 7.0.4 - not tried any updated sites yet.