URL & email links

Contact Form page fails to forward email after publishing. Also links for email addresses and web site URL addresses are not working.

impossible to help without a URL

1 Like

Perhaps no php page?

I don’t understand this response; if you mean you want the URL to the web site in question then it is www.vergnette.com BUT it is no use to you because I have deleted the Contact Form page because I found after two months of being published it didn’t work and I fear I have lost potential customers. I have now put an email hyperlink on my home page. Another web site on which I work is published at www.rblpoitou-charentes.fr in which the links are working but today I created a new page and after first attempting to publish, the email and URL links on the new page do not work so I have hidden the page until I can sort the problem.

If we can’t see the page with the issue, then its very hard to identify whats going wrong.

I simply added a Contact Form as a new page as shown in the video instructions and it is published with A2 Hosting which does support php.

Contact form requires PHP

There does seem to be something weird with your setup. When I hover over a link (for your Tarriffs and Bookings page, for example), the URL preview shows up as:

http://rblpoito.wwwnlss8.a2hosted.com/www.vergnette.com/page/

Maybe it is entirely unrelated but that doesn’t look right

1 Like

OK I understand I have now re-published www.vergnette.com with the Contact Form but I’m still getting the following message when I attempt to use the form from the web site, “We cannot verify that you are trying to send an email from this form. Please try again.” and I am not receiving the message in my email.

I’ve just had a look at my booking page on line and it looks fine: the booking calendar (HTML Code on a Stacks window in Rapid Weaver) shows up correctly and the email link at the bottom of the page works fine.

I’ve had problems with the contact form when the email address is not on the same server as the the host (email package included with your hosting) - I note you’re using an orange server not your host - I seem to remember a workaround for it but can’t recall how!

I just wonder, though, if the email form is setup to be from your email (eric@email.com or whatever) but the form is sending from http://rblpoito.wwwnlss8.a2hosted.com/www.vergnette.com/contact-form than your host may be flagging that as suspicious looking (because it isn’t a typical URL, or it comes from a different URL that is using an iFrame, etc).

Just speculating…

1 Like

Thanks for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.