Value of Sitemap?

It’s been a couple of years since I last worked on my website, is Sitemap or Sitemap+ still required/useful?

XML sitemaps are used by bots (search engines for example) to help them navigate through your site.

Sitemap+ gives you more finite control of the XML site map than the built-in XML sitemap that RapidWeaver includes.

1 Like

I’m trying to keep things as simple as possible, due to infrequent changes (I can never remember how I did things). So I think I’d be better off sticking to the built in.

Why does RW keep prompting me to buy sitemap upon publishing even though it’s already installed?

Sitemap plus is a paid plugin. You have it installed, but need to enter the serial number if you have purchased it. Sounds like you are still in the demo mode.

If you did purchase it and can’t find the serial number, in the footer of Yourheads website is a lookup link.

1 Like

I have the same problem of doing the same thing only with months or years in between, so I have a “notes to self” blog (usefulstuffmouzon.tumblr.com) so I won’t have to figure stuff out all over again after a long intermission. And it’s a blog rather than just a Notes file because I assume that if it’s helpful to me, it might be helpful to someone else as well who’s trying to do the same stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.