Weird stacks behaviour in edit mode

I have been experiencing a strange behaviour in edit mode for some time now. I kinda got used to it, but now I thought it is just not normal, so maybe someone can help me sort that out.
In edit view the stacks look kind of weird:

When I click on the barely visible lines the look changes to a “normal” one:

Does anybody have an idea what might be causing this?
RW is 9.2.1, Stacks plugin and all stacks are up to date.
The issue is independent of which ever stack is being used.

This bug is due to a graphical glitch because Stacks is using the WebView class that has been deprecated by Apple. To fix this issue, YourHead really need to update Stacks to use WKWebView. Unfortunately, I don’t have any information on when or if this will happen.

Apple announced the deprecation of UIWebView, which was replaced by WKWebView, in June 2018. Developers were actively discouraged from using UIWebView from this point forward due to several reasons, including security. Despite a few deadline extensions, Apple eventually started rejecting new apps and app updates using UIWebView from April 30, 2020.

I’m not sure what stacks you are using but some of the stack frameworks include an option to turn off acceleration that can help workaround this graphical glitch. What stacks/framework are you using? If we know this, we should be able to tell you where to find the option!

I think it might be the “Shelf” stack from Foundation 6 (Joe Workman). I wanted to go through the stacks of the project one by one and see when the view becomes normal and the first stack I grabbed was the “Shelf” stack. I dragged the site styles and classes stacks out of it and deleted it. Bam - view was normal…

Ah, I’m not familiar with that stack. Pinging @joeworkman to see if he’s aware of the issue and/or has a fix for it :crossed_fingers:

Edit: Have you checked in the main Foundation stack? I think there might be an option in there to switch off acceleration…

Yes, there is indeed a setting labelled “Turbo scrolling” that I had overlooked up to now. Disabling it seems to take away the effect even with the “Shelf” stack on the page. Thanks!