What is "normalise images" in RW7

Hello
I am searching for any information on the “normalize images” selection from the file drop down menu in RW7. There seems no mention of it in the manual… I have searched in vain for the keywords normalise images (yes that is how it appears spelled in the menu)… Can anyone please help me?.. or point me to place(s) I can learn more?.. Ideally a video tutorial would be ideal for my learning style. Here is my RW7 attempt at updating a RW5Blocks website

My store page is “complaining” that the images I am using are too large and will cause trouble.
Thanks in advance from the coast of Maine USA & Happy first day of Spring!!
-Larry C

This should help you out @LarryC:

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=uoQbRlulnLIC&pg=PT198&lpg=PT198&dq=normalise+images+in+rapidweaver&source=bl&ots=kj9Tj6pLWY&sig=-alA24leANqJyopJTAA_gDADLeg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCtKriwebSAhVHS7wKHR1wCtMQ6AEIKzAC#v=onepage&q=normalise%20images%20in%20rapidweaver&f=false

1 Like

Content is protected. Not visible.

The content does appear, at least for me, you just need to wait for the page/s to load. The part you need (“normalize images”) is visible.

LarryC… many people fail to resize their pics when placing them in RW. They will place very large picture and re-size it down a lot using the image “percent” tool. This is not good practice. The RW Normalise tool does this resizing for you in RW. I’m old school… I use a graphic utility to re-size my images to the size I want and then I use ImageOptim utility to “compress” the image. RealMac has a tool for that too, but I’ve never tried it. If you don’t re-size and compress images your page loads will slow down and you’ll loose visitors as they wait for pages to load… :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for your answers and help! Greatly appreciated

1 Like