What would you like to see in RapidWeaver 7?

Event listing system with expiration feature.

I would like to see resizable CSS/HEAD/JS site wide code containers. In fact why not bypass the whole ā€œdoes it resize or notā€ (not) debacle by putting the code containers into a tabbed page structure where each code type gets a pageā€™s height to itself? Much better than trying to work inside a mean little letterbox which is the way it is for me today. That would be quite nice. Make the CSS container the default one when site wide code is selected thoughā€¦

• SMTP auth (actually youā€™ve to buy a 3rd party plugin or edit the exported php)

Iā€™d like to see a list of Stacks / Plugins etc. generated which are used on a particular page / site, basically because after doing a complete clean reinstall of Yosemite, all my programs as well as RW and getting the Mac to as I like it, I cannot remember what Stacks / Plugins etc. Iā€™d used on particular sites.
Iā€™m a newbie using RW and did initially download and install a pile of things, which I tinkered with and then decided I didnā€™t want to use them, but kept them installed (if that makes sense?).

1 Like

If youā€™re using Export, not Export Changes, your site will be modified (all pages marked as changed) as part of the export flow. This is the expected behaviour.

Before both the export and the export changes, I save the work. Then choose one of the two export modes, where it tells me that the file is not saved. Apparently on saving it does not signal the export modes that it is saving.

1 Like

In addition to my other requests - what about a speed bump for bigger projects?

1 Like

THE CODE
Better optimized HTML, severely less redundant code with stacks (understand this is possibly a stacks issue). Code that someone can take over and start hand coding without too much extra work. The ability to edit in code view.

The ability to edit in code view and for RW to not overwrite it would be absolutely amazing.

Mind you, RMS donā€™t, in my opinion, have a fabulous track record of exposing code for editing. Iā€™m taking about those silly letterbox shaped editing windows which autocomplete - whether you want them to or not.

I remember when we were being teased about RW6 and they announced ā€˜globalā€™ code containers. I could have wept. Then when I seen how they had been implemented, I did. So I would not be surprised if we did get code editing capabilities in RW7 that the editing panes were ā€˜Kā€™ shaped, the background could only be purple, the text navy and the unswitchoffable autocomplete were in Esperanto. Naturally the font would be Comic Sansā€¦ :wink:

Okayā€¦ bit harsh maybeā€¦ but yesā€¦ more code editing capabilities and much, MUCH better code editing environment to work in. Its nice to imagine but canā€™t see it happening (too much going on at code generation time, I think).

1 Like

Hi @dan,

I hate to sound like a broken record (as I have seen these request by previous users), but I think it would reiterate its importance. That one thing would be an update to the blogs page using the following features:

1. Previous and Next buttons on the blog pages

2. Social media like buttons on blog posts

3. Header and footer option on the blog pages

4. Ability to have blog page set up posts in multiple columns.

5. Blog page to work seamlessly in stack page (any means would be good)

6. Ability to arrange categories, archives, etc. below or above blog posts.

Keep up the good work guys - loving all the rapidweaver attention.

Justin

+1
And the possibility to change code / text files in resources folder directly in RW

Not sure this is fair. Weā€™ve noted the requests about code field sizes (and autocomplete). RW7 has some improvements in this area :slight_smile:

1 Like

We donā€™t control the code that Stacks generates, so youā€™ll want to request this of Isaiahat YourHead.

1 Like

My RW project got huge! Over 800 MB, at times over 600 pages, so I had to break it down into six separate projects ā€“ which is uncomfortable to hold togetherā€¦ So Iā€™d like to have unlimited size of projects.

www.ltgprien.de

1 Like

A console log for the FTP upload in order to see which file was successfully uploaded and which failed.

4 Likes

Ability to do doble cut & paste. As a line and a text that repeat in the theme in the same action.

I would like to have to option to turn on / off auto save. I am already in the habit of saving my work as I go and creating versions when reaching major milestones just in case I want to fall back.

My concern with Auto Save is that sometimes you want to open up an older completed project to reference what you did before or copy and past content from it. If you are tooling around with an old project looking for something, you run the risk of messing up a project that is more or less completed and working properly.

You might like the Preferences in RapidWeaver 6 :wink:

Iā€™d like to see more keyboard shortcuts with the ability to customise those shortcuts within the preferences.

@Printdevil good suggestion. Weā€™ll try and make sure more of the common actions in RW have a keyboard shortcut.

Are there any specific shortcuts youā€™d like to see?