Where are filed stored

I use a 2012 MBP to update my Rapidweaversite and since I am never sure where the files are I just keep the l;atest version on the desktop. I want to be able to use the new MBP but am worried about how it will find the files. I seem to remember reading Dropbox does not work well.

Any suggestions.

Dropbox works perfectly fine. The biggest problem is ā€œhuman errorā€ in that you need to make sure everything is synced via Dropbox before opening on a second computer. RW 7 even has an option where you can choose where to save all your add ons. I (and others) have chosen a folder in Dropbox. No problems at all. Easy sync between home and office e computer. (I still need to update RW itself on both computers, but not any stacks or other add ons.)

See attached image.

rw-portable

1 Like

Matthew -

Thanks.

Setting up a dropbox folder for all right now.

Cathie

Great! Just be very sure to give the ā€œotherā€ computer enough time to sync files when you open it. Avoid that pitfall and all works very nicely.

OK-One more question

When I go to open the website I get this error message

But when I look at the files dropbox is identical to my files on the old MBP.

The Foundation theme is listed

And when I look at stacks, Foundation is listed.

so I guess I am missing a step.

Cathie

Storing RapidWeaver files in dropbox was earlier a problemā€¦ for some. Iā€™ve had a few clients having their RapidWeaver files ā€˜ruinedā€™ because of file sharing through dropbox.

BUT Iā€™ve not had any problems for the past couple of years. Most of my RW projects ā€“ those I work on ā€˜all the timeā€™ ā€“ I store in my iCloud. All my RapidWeaver addons are stored in my DropBox.

Best > DeFliGra > Stacks Dev > www.defligra.com

Iā€™m not sure how to answer you question. Hopefully someone else can answer.

I believe this is a one-time thing. But I donā€™t remember as I did this procedure a long time ago.

• are you sure your various stacks and other addons have synced before doing that step?
  • are you sure the Foundation theme is listed in your folder? You need the THEME in addition to the stacks.

I seem to recall this issue coming up on the forum before - the Foundation theme got renamed to ā€œFoundation-3.rwthemeā€ or similar, perhaps due to having downloaded multiple copies to the same folder. The solution was to remove the ā€œ-3ā€, so itā€™s just ā€œFoundation.rwthemeā€. Worth a try anyway. Perhaps @zeebe can chime in on this.

Yes, it could have something to do with then -3 behind the name, just rename it to

Foundation.rwtheme

and see if that works

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.