WidgetServer.com overrides Page display on preview

I’ve been trying out some new (for me) themes, and find that all of my site pages other than the primary blog page display a WidgetServer.com page rather than the defined content. Here’s a screen shot!

Anyone have any idea why and what I might do to stop it displaying?

PureSchmaltz.com Thanks, David

Something dodgy going on. Do you have any third party code on your page normally?

Never. I wouldn’t know how to add it. (Thanks for asking.)

I think it’s likely your site has been hacked somehow (can’t tell you exactly how, bit above my experience).

I’d be inclined to:

• Change your hosting passwords,
  • Remove all existing files on your server
  • Republish everything from a recent project file.

Might be worth gettingin touch with your host to ask if they have any malware scanning service available.

Is there a particular reason that the pureschmaltz site is pulled in as an iframe from your projectcommunity.com site?

Thanks, Paul. I don’t know what your last comment means. I’ll get my mac guy on running down your suggestions with my ISP. Thank you for your advice. david

The blog is hosted on projectcommunity.com, which belongs to the poster, as it looks ike. The owner later then bought the pureschmalz domain and the blog is simply embedded as an iframe on this domain. Some hosting providers did this in the past, e.g. Ionos/1&1.

2 Likes

It looks like your sidebar contains an snippet to a service called “Widgetserver”. The service doesn’t exist anymore, hence the hick up with your site.

Just remove the snippet and you should be good to go:

2 Likes

Thanks, Dribble. This worked! Thanks so very much! david

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.