- You have a project created in RW6 called ‘Fred’ (its actually called Fred.rw6 but OSX is hiding the extention)
- You open it in RW7 and a copy is made in the same folder called ‘Fred’ (really Fred.rw)
- You spend 4 hours editing the project, saving regularly.
- You close RW7 and go do something else.
- Later you return, double click on ‘Fred’ to do some more work but …
- You double clicked on the old RW6 Fred …
RW7 opens and promptly overwrites all your previous work with a fresh Fred.rw
Edit: I and others have not been able to recreate this problem, we have consistently received a correct warning dialog that prevented the creation of the RW7 project
This is where I am right now. As its been more than an hour I have a TimeMachine backup to be able to restore but had I been away from home or without a 1 hour backup cycle then I’d have been screwed.
Edit: Take this a a bit of a eye opener, once you’ve/RW7 have created the new project put the old RW6 project somewhere safe.