Cannot be saved

Project suddenly wont save this evening - it happened last week too but I did something (can’t remember what!! and all was OK). Have followed other threads, unticked options like Autosave. Checked all files are php, repaired disk permissions (except you can’t anymore in El Capitain). Latest RW, all software and stacks up to date.

The only solution was to duplicate the project and that saved OK. And then I could publish it and export it too. Duplicating is all that works.

Then I closed the original project without saving but in Finder it doesn’t have a blue icon (nor in RW Projects window) and wont open again.

Then Quit RW, clicked on the unsaved project and it DID open - the only clue I can see on this newly opened project is that halfway through writing some Markdown code in a Partial stack it had obviously stopped doing something behind the scenes. It had allowed me to type on and make all sorts of changes and text had appeared but the project only shows a a bit of it.

Not trying to be verbose but just documenting what I saw in case anyone can see what RW is playing at.

Console says:
20/10/2015 20:52:55.537 WindowServer[182]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 386 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.
20/10/2015 20:53:10.282 WindowServer[182]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 386 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.
20/10/2015 20:53:23.008 WindowServer[182]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 386 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.
20/10/2015 20:53:26.528 RapidWeaver 6[4143]: failed to resolve bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=256 “Resolved URL disallowed by security policy” UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Resolved URL disallowed by security policy}
20/10/2015 20:53:37.102 RapidWeaver 6[4143]: failed to resolve bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=256 “Resolved URL disallowed by security policy” UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Resolved URL disallowed by security policy}
20/10/2015 20:53:53.307 WindowServer[182]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 386 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.
20/10/2015 20:53:54.287 WindowServer[182]: _CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x1e is not attached to window 0x39
20/10/2015 20:53:57.363 WindowServer[182]: _CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x1e is not attached to window 0x39

when you say “won’t save” what exactly do you mean. is there an error message shown? does it crash? does it beachball?

1 Like

As it tries to autosave it says “project cannot be autosaved” and when actually choosing the Menu option to save, or export or publish it tries to save first and just says can’t save the project

no more detail than that?

if not, then that’s a new one on me. i think i’ll have to defer to RealMac if they can maybe provide some detail about when that error message is presented and if there’s any way to gather more info from that error.

No, no more detail. There are actually a couple of threads who have tried to solve this - even a YouTube video. If I get an answer I’ll append it here - otherwise over to the RW people!

I’m experiencing this exact problem. Is there a solution for this. I just spent an all-nighter working on my first RW site and I really hate to think I’ll lose this project file and have to start over. NOT FUN!

Any help is appreciated.

Lawrence Standifer Stevens

Do what I did, in fact I made several copies and made sure one of them opened before I closed the original.

Actually, I did. All better. Thanks.

LSS

I am having this issue right now. Did you receive an answer or find a solution?

I’m using RW6.3.4 with Yosemite 10.10.5

Next I had the issue that the site wouldn’t export, so I exported to a blank folder, copied ask the files to the proper folder and then it carried on happily. Real pain though all this!

Thanks for reply. I was able to duplicate and save. I spent a few days rebuilding a RW website I lost due to a external drive failure. The issue occurred when closing project after publishing.

I had the exact problem yesterday - pressed CMD-S and got “Cannot be saved.” Save As was fine, which is what I did, but, boy, is that a scary revisit of file corruption!!! A whole weeks worth of work poof coulda been gone!!!

I’ve had that happened a few times now. The latest was this morning. In the past I went back to my Time Machine and restored the last version but today, even the version from last night was corrupted!

That means it got corrupted after the last export and save!

I, too, found that the only thing that works (thank goodness!) was the duplicate option but it’s annoying.

I’m on RW 6.3.6.

BT

If anyone ever runs into this problem and can repeatedly produce the error with a specific file, we would love to see the file (a zipped copy). We have never seen the problem, so it’s tough to diagnose.

Christi Carew
YourHead Software
http://www.yourhead.com

Hi Christi,

It happened again and I have a zip file for you to look at.

What’s your email address?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bevan

Try support at support@yourhead.zendesk.com.

Sent email to support email. Good luck.

Hi,

I just got it and tried it. Saving worked fine. :disappointed:I responded to your email.

Christi Carew
YourHead Software
http://www.yourhead.com

I solve it by saving to a different folder, a new one, exporting there to then copying files back to original folder. So it doesn’t surprise me that you were able to save it!