RapidWeaver 8 The best web design software for Mac, just got worse

Hyperbole aside, would you consider this a smooth release process? Can you not understand that this would be frustrating for some? I haven’t bothered with betas this time but the first final candidate was released about 8 weeks ago (and I quote: “This is the Final Candidate version of RapidWeaver 8.1 - That basically means this version should be good enough to be released as the final version of RapidWeaver 8.1 :tada:”).
It, presumably, had fixes for bugs found in 8.0.3 but non-beta users can’t take advantage of that.

The backwards compatibility seems odd to me as well. I can see it for major release (i.e. from 7 to 8) but within a version makes it seem like it wasn’t completely thought out. It happened with RW7 as well, so maybe that’s normal.

Lastly, if not a criticism but a request - can you consider “stable compatibility with Stacks” as a required checkmark? When one of the FC’s is yanked from the updater because it pulls a fast one on developer who’d I’d say is critical to your success, that doesn’t inspire confidence.

Now, I’m not in on any internal discussions so I can’t accuse you of penny-chasing or anything else (and I enjoy RW and the community around it) but you’re not being honest to be so dismissive.

1 Like