RapidWeaver Conference & Expo

I am Belgian, not sure it will happen on the continent, so I’d come to England :sunny:
Dominique

Ok, Joe

We are going to hold you to it!

Get working on that website for the expo. Let me know if you need any help :wink:

Why not do it in Hawaii, make it a lot easier for me! Jokes aside I love the idea no matter where it would be held, although the US would be my preference!

I’m from the Bahamas but I’d be there in a heartbeat. Also - just something for the workshops - building rapidweaver themes and plugin using the SDK.

Justin

I’d go. Not fussed about location, impossible to figure out. I guess by everyone telling everyone where they are - then you can find the best distance from them all and drop the pin there ;-), I’m in South Florida, like deep deep deeper than the ‘the deep south’ America. That will swing the ideal location some! Seriously I’d def be want to go. And give a talk too.

I’d be interested - especially if people like Joe, Andrew, Jonathan, Will and Isaiah led seminars and/or bootcamps. Sort of like a Big Nerd Ranch gathering - but much smaller.

I’m in NYC and would be willing to help with some logistics if you guys decide on our city.

NYC is cool… but I think it would raise the price on everything. I definitely think we need to partner up with a college of some sort that would allow us access to a good lecture hall with internet access.

I say Minnesota, at the Mall of America, has one hotel in it and another one almost done, conference areas, an indoor amusement park and a huge Apple Store. Maybe they could be a sponsor!!!

1 Like

Super Idea! Germany would be cool (albeit not very good for most of you, I guess). Eascoast. Boston.
Getting all the 3rd party developers in would be a blast!

What about New Zealand? Easy to get to and I know someone who can supply cheese rolls.

1 Like

My fianceé works for Temple University in Philadelphia - they rent out halls, catering, etc. Could have there?

That is a pretty good location too.

I would love to see this happen! I actually brought this up back in march over on google plus ad did a small poll https://plus.google.com/113413790997049267809/posts/E4vJwrHCGBJ

Talked to a couple developers and trainers who were also down with the idea of participating/presenting.

@joeworkman said that this has been a goal of his as well and that it would likely be best to start with a virtual conference first.

@dan, @ben, and @nikf would you guys be down to join a virtual expo at some point in the near future?

It was great to @dan, @nikf, and Thibault Lemaitre during the Google Hangout last October after RW6 launch.

Here is the video for anyone interested in a flashback :smile: https://vimeo.com/110212484

Minnesota in winter? :grinning:
Hell freezes over before Apple does any sponsoring! :joy:

1 Like

Yes, but we will be indoors! :wink:

1 Like

I hear hotel rooms will only be $500 a night during the Super Bowl in San Francisco. :laughing:

Although this is an awesome idea, it is very difficult to manage, plan, and initial cost would require a sell-out of tickets and still could be a loss for the organizing company.

As a Participate and a Speaker at MX North (when Dreamweaver was owned by Macromedia) which was hosted in Toronto, the sponsor (creator of the event) barely broke even the first year and had a loss the second and then folded the conference.

I’m not sure there is enough of a user base that is willing to outlay $$ for a conference, especially since there are so many good video’s out there from the various developers on Vimeo and YouTube.

Just my feedback, I wouldn’t want Realmac to possibly get a black eye if something like this failed (at this point in the Companies growth).

Brad

We could all meet up in Second Life, that would be a hoot! :wink:

Is that near Glasgow?