RapidWeaver Conference & Expo

What about New Zealand? Easy to get to and I know someone who can supply cheese rolls.

1 Like

My fianceƩ works for Temple University in Philadelphia - they rent out halls, catering, etc. Could have there?

That is a pretty good location too.

I would love to see this happen! I actually brought this up back in march over on google plus ad did a small poll https://plus.google.com/113413790997049267809/posts/E4vJwrHCGBJ

Talked to a couple developers and trainers who were also down with the idea of participating/presenting.

@joeworkman said that this has been a goal of his as well and that it would likely be best to start with a virtual conference first.

@dan, @ben, and @nikf would you guys be down to join a virtual expo at some point in the near future?

It was great to @dan, @nikf, and Thibault Lemaitre during the Google Hangout last October after RW6 launch.

Here is the video for anyone interested in a flashback :smile: https://vimeo.com/110212484

Minnesota in winter? :grinning:
Hell freezes over before Apple does any sponsoring! :joy:

1 Like

Yes, but we will be indoors! :wink:

1 Like

I hear hotel rooms will only be $500 a night during the Super Bowl in San Francisco. :laughing:

Although this is an awesome idea, it is very difficult to manage, plan, and initial cost would require a sell-out of tickets and still could be a loss for the organizing company.

As a Participate and a Speaker at MX North (when Dreamweaver was owned by Macromedia) which was hosted in Toronto, the sponsor (creator of the event) barely broke even the first year and had a loss the second and then folded the conference.

Iā€™m not sure there is enough of a user base that is willing to outlay $$ for a conference, especially since there are so many good videoā€™s out there from the various developers on Vimeo and YouTube.

Just my feedback, I wouldnā€™t want Realmac to possibly get a black eye if something like this failed (at this point in the Companies growth).

Brad

We could all meet up in Second Life, that would be a hoot! :wink:

Is that near Glasgow?

Itā€™s everywhere in the world, all at once! ;-).

2 Likes

I donā€™t see this topic going away any time soon. Maybe I should put something together.

Just another thought , if this can be hosted as a web conference too. So that people who are not able to attended can use a web link to participate in the conference ā€¦ :slight_smile:

You mean something like this? :wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYu_bGbZiiQ

1 Like

Lol, Iā€™ve been on a few like that.

Sweet. Would be there for sure.

Iā€™d suggest something family-friendly like Orlando, Florida.

1 Like

I remember going to Florida frequently growing up when my dad was attending Oracle conferences. Those were good times.

How about a virtual conference. Iā€™m fine with a go to meeting event. No travel involved. Not that I wouldnā€™t enjoy traveling but how many of us can afford to take a week off.

@keithnteri, this is certainly how it will begin.

Itā€™s fun to think about where we could hold a physical conference and this is important because one day we will.

However, we will likely have more than one online conference before we have a ā€œDestination Conferenceā€