Stacks VERY unstable :-(

@foxmanj

currently there is no difference between the beta version and the release version other than the version number.

and have reported a few times

unfortunately “reporting” only reports things to Apple and to the app developer – which means that I don’t see a copy of that report.

i only see crash reports when folks like you send them to me or post them to a forum like this. it’s not always required, but the most helpful would be to post:

• a crash report
  • a brief description of what was happening right before the crash happened. it’s usually helpful if you can tell me the exact button you clicked or exact thing you typed immediately before the crash.
  • the project file and RW environment. these will be too big for email so you’ll need to share them with a file sharing service (some people use Dropbox). Here is how to share to share your project and RapidWeaver environment:
    https://yourhead.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033849994-Sharing-Your-Project-and-Add-ons

p.s. i have mentioned all of this info at least once or twice in this thread – the forum actually gets upset with me for posting this links over and over LOL .
it’s a mega huge thread, i wouldn’t expect you to have seen this info, but i just thought i’d mention that if you feel stuck by this situation there is lots more good stuff in this thread about things to try, how to get crash reports, how to contact support for Stacks, etc. so if you feel a bit at a standstill have a read through. :smiley:

the more info i can get about a crash the more easily i can fix it. i believe the two crashes that were reported earlier in this thread have both been addressed. although all crashes seem very similar, often they have very different root causes, so never assume that i have heard about your particular crash.

i’m currently researching two other crashes that were sent in one yesterday and one a few days ago. it will be interesting to see if your crash is the same as one of those are another third unique crash.