50% off Stacks -- One Day Only

… and every other plugin we sell.

use code ILOVEPLUGINS to get 50% off every plugin.

black-friday-mail-header

(sorry, only one discount at a time – so not good for bundles, upgrades, cross-grades, edu discounts, etc.)

4 Likes

oops, i was trying to extend the discount for a few more hours – and accidentally shortened it. i think a few people got bumped while i was fiddling this morning.

if you tried and got rejected, give it another go – should be working again – till the end of the day eastern time.

Isaiah

1 Like

Couldn’t find the answer on the YourHead site…I just upgraded to RW 7 so all my YourHead plugins date back to 2009. I couldn’t see if there are discounted upgrades available for any of these, except a half price upgrade for Stacks 2 to Stacks 3. I have several of the older plugins: Carousel, Accordian, Blocks, Stacks, can’t remember what else … and some of those say they require RW 6. Does that mean they don’t work with 7?

Hello Isaiah, Pluskit 3 to 4 is a free upgrade, I guess, isn’t it ?

All our plugins current versions are designed to work with RapidWeaver 7. A few also work with RapidWeaver 6 too.

I’m afraid upgrades, bundles, and educational discounts are can’t be combined with today’s Cyber Monday sale. Sorry.

No, PlusKit 4 is $19.95 for new users and $9.95 for users of ANY previous version.

i know you didn’t ask – but i thought i’d write a bit about upgrades, especially about PlusKit – read on if interested. :smiley:

when the main version number changes (e.g. PlusKit 3 → PlusKit 4) – that usually means there was a large amount of work put into the upgrade, like new features, new UI, new API, etc – and means we’re going to ask users to pay a bit for the new stuff. we usually charge 50% for upgrades, but are generous in their timeframe – you can upgrade today – or in two years. take you’re time. :smiley:

in the case of PlusKit, RapidWeaver 7 made PlusKit’s job quite a bit more challenging – so in order to keep it working as expected a huge rewrite of some of the core functionality was required.

on a personal note, this was also right after we took over the LogHound plugins – so we had to come up to speed on a large codebase VERY VERY fast – it was a bit unexpected – and delayed Stacks by > 3 months. :frowning:
to be honest – we lost quite a bit of money on that. but felt like the RW community deserved a functional plugin, even if it meant a bit of sacrifice.

and it think it worked out. PlusKit is a much more solid plugin now – and is a much more well behaved plugin citizen within the RW7 API. :smiley:
and with a bit of luck that altruism, elbow-grease, late-night-coding will translate into a long-term profit – even if it takes a couple years.

Isaiah

1 Like

That’s fine with me Isaiah. On the page http://yourhead.com/pluskit it says “Upgrade from PlusKit 2 for just $9.95”, but there’s no “upgrade from PlusKit 3” mention. As I just installed RW7, I wasn’t sure what I had to do. I will gladly pay for the upgrade.

Alain

Ahh… yes… well… see… it’s complicated. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The PlusKit upgrade situation was very unique. But it boils down to something pretty simple:

If you bought PlusKit from LogHound (the original author) – then you have to pay for the upgrade.

If you bought PlusKit from YourHead (that’s me) – then the upgrade is free.

And it’s easy to check. If you install PlusKit 4 – and it asks you to pay – then that means you need to. If it doesn’t ask – that means you have a fully registered copy and you’re good to go. :slight_smile:

And again… I’ve written a small book… so read on in case you’re interested for the complete backstory on that one. Or skip if you have anything at all better to do. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, in early 2016 I took over all the plugins from LogHound. When I did, I “spruced them up” a bit. This included a much simplified registration process that I use for my other plugins. And I updated the version, in this case to PlusKit 3. But we didn’t actually charge an upgrade fee.

There were no major features – but new ownership seemed to merit a big version change.

About a year later… RW7.1 made HUGE changes to the API – and well… blammo… we had to do a major upgrade. Fast.
So… PlusKit 4 happened – that was almost a year ago now.
And… here… we did charge an upgrade fee.

But see… I hate doing that. Some poor folks had just bought PlusKit 3 like 6 or 9 months before. They paid $20 and now just a little while later I was asking for more money? Especially when the major feature was “hey wow – it works again with RW 7.1” No way. I couldn’t do it.

This was a really unique situation – so we broke away from the simple “always charge for major versions rule”

In this case we re-wrote the rule to be “if you paid me ANY money EVER for PlusKit – then you get PlusKit 4 for free”.

And it boils down to this:

• if you bought PlusKit from Loghound – you have to pay for the upgrade.
  • if you bought PlusKit from YourHead – you get it for free.

And the plugin knows which is which. If you install it and run it – it will nag you about paying ONLY if it needs to. If you bought PlusKit 3 from YourHead – it just magically works. Cool, right!?

Isaiah

1 Like

Thanks for the long post Isaiah, it’s perfectly clear. I have paid the upgrade and it works fine !

1 Like

I figured that…I was trying to decide if I should get the bundle, since most of the individual plugins would need updating, and couldn’t calculate without knowing what plugins that I already have would still work, how many would work if I upgraded them, and for some of them I didn’t find an upgrade cost’

Will assume everything currently listed on your site works with 7, and anything that’s not listed won’t work.

Thanks for responding.

All our plugins are “Try before you buy” – so feel free to download them and give them a shot – make sure they work in your use-case and that you really need them.

I’d love to sell you some great tools – but I really really don’t want you to pay for things you don’t need. :smiley:

So, download, install, give 'em a whirl.

Isaiah

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.