553 Can't open that file: Permission denied

hello, friends and neighbours in the rapidweavers realm,
curious thing happened yesterday. i designed a site for a client some three years ago. the url: nikolaus-frei.de there is - going on the tab “vita” - a sub tab “audioreel”. last night the customer wrote me rather irate that the audio files did not work any more and indeed he was right :frowning: i went into my trusted rapidweaver 8.1 beta and started repairing things. upload started but stopped in the middle. i checked the whole shebang in “forklift” and stumbled upon a curious warning: “553 Can’t open that file: Permission denied” after having uploaded half of the files.
can anybody give me a clue what that is all about and how can change it so i can upload the rest of the files.
thanks muc,
tomas

I think you need to use Forklift to change the permissions on the folder containing the files which are showing the problem. I don’t have Forklift but I imagine you can select the folder and choose ‘Get Info’ and then change the setting to 733 and see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.