7.1.4 Not uploading stack changes automatically

Since 7.1.4 Changes in a Stacks that have new photos is not showing up as having been changed. i.e. no blue dot.

And when I go to publish it doesn’t see the changes and thus does not upload them.

Have to deliberately tell that page to upload before anything happens.

Clear your Cache on safari and disable it.

What has Safari’s cookies got to do with Rapidweaver?

Cache is where a web browser stores images and content it thinks won’t change often and sometimes a web browser will cache site on your system so you dont see the changes. its not Cookies that is something else.

Fair enough but I still don’t see how that interacts with Rapidweaver the programme not seeing the changes made to it.

@Nucifraga - Hi Mike, I’m not seeing this behavior myself. Is there a simple way for me to see it?

I’ve tried:

• adding images
  • removing images
  • resizing images
  • deleting images
  • replacing images

All of these operations seem to mark the current page as changed and this triggers an upload in RW. So these bits seem to be working as expected in RW 7.1.4 and Stacks 3.2.4 (and I expect all other recent versions too).

Perhaps the problem is something more intricate? Perhaps involving partials or a 3rd party stack? If you let me know the specifics of the problem – enough that I can make it happen here on my machine too, I can test it and offer advice or fix if it’s a bug. :slight_smile:

@scottsteven - it doesn’t sound to me like this is an issue that involves the browser at all. although disabling the cache while working on websites is a ***good thing***™ i don’t think it would specifically help here. :slight_smile:

Isaiah

Hello Isiah

Apologies it’s taken so long to reply but this picture shows the problem

I’ve just added the top seven pictures to the highlighted page (Birds Pleno) - Down to Stonechat191016L2 and as you can see there is sign of the little blue dot to show the page has changed.

I am running the latest version of MacOS - Sierra My version of Rapidweaver is the most recent 7.1.5 and the latest version of stacks.

Please let me know if you need anything else to help with diagnosing the problem.

All the best

Mike

What you have there is a Photo Album page, not a Stacks page. So I think that’s probably the disconnect. you should probably sent this bug to Realmac Software support. Or maybe if we mention @dan or @simon they can respond here.

Isaiah

Hello Isiah

Apologies for sending to the wrong place. As you suggested I have now passed this to Dan and Simon.

Thanks

Mike

@Nucifraga - no worries. happy to help facilitate. :slight_smile: