Add-on folder location change error RW7

(Peter Gill) #1

Hi. I have moved my addons to a dropbox folder - so it can be used on my two macs. When i restart RW7 the project does not find them anymore. In the addon manager I get blue boxes where my themes were and on the site the stacks i had no longer work…HELP! ( If i switch it back it all works fine - but I would really like this portability) Thanks

RW7 How do I: Sync with Dropbox
(Scott Steven) #2

check rapid weaver preferences make sure its pointing the add ons folder in the dropbox. believe me this works and is brilliant keeping things updated

(John Budacovich) #3

Done. No change in behavior.

(Scott Steven) #4

hmm are all the files in the folder itself

(Peter Gill) #5

does not work for me either - very frustrating as this is the main reason why i bought it!..the folder looks exactly the same as the former location. Clearly RW7 copies it over fine… but something is not connected.

(Traci L. SLatton) #6

I am having the same problem. I moved my addons to a dropbox folder and the addons then can’t be found–RW 7 opens projects with just a few basic addons. I had to go back to having addons on the local machine. What is going on? Thanks.

(Juergen Weiland) #7

Exactly the same problem for me. Would be great if this could be fixed. Yesterday I’ve opened a new post regarding the same issue as I haven’t seen this one here. No solution so far.

(Peter Gill) #8

SOLVED! sort of
I “spoke” to realmac and they asked me to update the main stacks plugin by you head to Version 3.1 (mine was 3.0 and did not seem to want to update itself automatically. I had to download the latest version and install.

http://yourhead.com

The stacks are now working and everything looks fine - yet the addon manager still has outlines for the themes I have purchased? yet it appears those themes must be working because the sites I design with them appear fine. Odd.