Advise on this Build

Before I get too deep into this, I wanted to see if there was anybody that could advise on improvements. I would really like to have the pictures that are linked, to be within the page so there are no links. The links are collage/blocks pages, and the main page is stacks. Im real new to this and want to start off right. Any advice appreciated.

http://f1snakes.com/page/

I realize I can do it with stacks, but the pictures of the offspring would be too small and the sizes aren’t consistent like they are with collage

Could you explain this a bit further?

Ok. What I’m trying to do is have the thumbnails of the offspring (the pictures you see when you click the link under the adults on the linked page), be visible on the page instead of a link. The link is cumbersome and requires me to create a ton more pages. So, the page would ideally look more like this;
http://old.f1snakes.com/2017expected.html

I’m confused… if you want the pictures of the offspring snakes on the page why not just put them on the page? You say “I can do it with stacks, but the pictures of the offspring would be too small and the sizes aren’t consistent…” There are many many stacks that would allow you to control placement and size of the images.

Optionally, you could use a model image stack so when you clicked an “Offspring” link the offspring picture would appear in a modal window at the size you want.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. Being a total newbie I don’t even know where to begin looking for those stacks that you mentioned. Can you point me in the right direction.

Are you using a responsive theme? The page you point to as a sample doesn’t “flow” and adjust for screen size. If you make the browser window smaller the page just “cuts off” on the side. So let us know your theme you are using. Are you using Stacks3 plugin? (You mentioned you could do it with stacks.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.