'Alien' formatting

(David Burns) #1

I have noticed that when copying and pasting text from a website into Rapidweaver it often brings it’s own formatting along. This then carries on down the page when I add my own text. See park-my-motorhome.co.uk/Gloucestershire. Scroll down to Gloucester City Council. So the question is, how do I get rid of this formatting and get back to ‘normal’ text? Clicking on None in the Headings list does nothing. So where is the information hiding?

Thanks
Dave

(NeilUK) #2

Try Format > Clear Formatting in the RW menu. You need to select the text first though.

(David Burns) #3

Thanks Neil. I am an idiot for not looking for that. Works fine.
Dave

(Ric) #4

Copy using cmd+C
Paste using Shift+alt+cmd+V (as opposed to just cmd+V).

This pastes without formatting. It may seem like a lot of keys initially but you quickly get used to it.

(David Burns) #5

Thanks for that Ric. Does that strip the formatting before pasting?

(David Burns) #6

Another question. If pasting brings in formatting is this formatting css based or something other? And if css can I get to the coding somehow? Also at the bottom of the screen is an up and down arrow showing headings and other html markup. Can I get to that html and change it?
As you can see I am a newbie at this software. I used Dreamweaver on PC before getting a MAC so I am familiar with html and css. I don’t have any stacks or any other plugins just the basic software
Dave

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.