Alignment issues... Can I (and how do I) do this!

Okay,

You could horizontally center an unordered list with some CSS assuming you can set a width for the list itself. That width can be a percent.

Using stacks 4, you could grab something like a markdown stack, add a class to the CSS classes area.

• In this example, use a markdown stack and will call the custom class centerul.
    2019-11-22_11-29-51
  • Now add the following custom CSS to the page inspector
    2019-11-22_11-35-51
.centerul ul {
  margin: 0 auto;
  width:70%;
  padding: 20px;
}

Now, any unordered list that appears in that markdown stack will be centered and take up 70% of the width of the parent. You can, of course, adjust that percent as you like.

• Example markdown content:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In quis ante eu nisi condimentum rutrum a sed turpis. Maecenas consectetur mauris dui, id vehicula orci luctus sed.

* Ordered and Unordered Lists.
* Simple Links: [Stacks](http://yourhead.com/stacks) can use [Markdown Syntax](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax) too.
* Simple formatting: **Bold** and *Italic*.
* Code snippets:  `10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"`
*  Mauris maximus pulvinar diam, id placerat eros sollicitudin volutpat. Mauris neque quam, vehicula et ligula id, elementum dapibus libero. Suspendisse ornare metus lorem.
* just another item  

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In quis ante eu nisi condimentum rutrum a sed turpis. Maecenas consectetur mauris dui, id vehicula orci luctus sed. Mauris maximus pulvinar diam, id placerat eros sollicitudin volutpat. Mauris neque quam, vehicula et ligula id, elementum dapibus libero. Suspendisse ornare metus lorem.

The lines that start with an * are list items in markdown.

*And the output would look like this

This should work with the text stack as well, but I don’t really do styled text(the text stack) and I think there are issues with lists and styling with it.

Mark down is worth the half hour it takes to learn if you don’t alread know it.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to work through these ideas. Thank you SO much for taking the time to help me on this. I’m really grateful!

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.